Last 1:47 of the first half.....

Estro

Ok so here is NFL.com's play by play for the last 1:47 in the 1st half of today's contest.

Timeout #1 by NE at 01:43.

1-1-BUF 1

(1:43) 12-T.Brady up the middle to BUF 1 for no gain (95-K.Williams, 99-M.Stroud).

2-1-BUF 1

(1:05) 39-L.Maroney left guard to BUF 1 for no gain (97-J.McCargo, 52-C.Draft).

3-1-BUF 1

(:28) 39-L.Maroney right guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

3-S.Gostkowski extra point is GOOD, Center-47-J.Ingram, Holder-6-C.Hanson.

NE 14 BUF 3 Plays: 8 Possession: 3:06

Buffalo Bills at 00:24

3-S.Gostkowski kicks 66 yards from NE 30 to BUF 4. 22-F.Jackson pushed ob at BUF 45 for 41 yards (3-S.Gostkowski).

1-10-BUF 45

(:13) (Shotgun) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass short left to 82-J.Reed pushed ob at NE 48 for 7 yards (24-J.Wilhite). Curl pattern, caught along sideline at NE 48.

Timeout #2 by NE at 00:07.

2-3-NE 48

(:07) (Shotgun) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass short middle to 82-J.Reed to NE 38 for 10 yards (51-J.Mayo). Caught at NE 40, slanting from right.

Timeout #2 by BUF at 00:03.

1-10-NE 38

(:03) 9-R.Lindell 56 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-65-G.Sanborn, Holder-8-B.Moorman.

Does anyone see what is wrong with this picture before I elaborate?

If the Bills (who had 2 timeouts at the time) take a timeout after Brady's rush with 1:43 they have roughly 1:35 seconds left. They then need to take their second timeout after Maroney's 2nd down rush, leaving them 1:30. On the very next play Maroney scores, so WE SHOULD HAVE had roughly 1:25 left on the clock. We all know what actually happened. The Bills don't use any of their timeouts, get a great return by Freddy, and try a 56 yard field goal as time expires.

Granted the Bills offense probably would have squandered the opportunity, but the coaches at least have to give them a chance by understanding clock management. The clock management on this team has been and continues to befuddle anyone with half a brain. Yet another example of how a team successfully avoids the playoffs for an entire decade. Congratulations on 10 years of ineptitude Ralph. I don't know if it's even worth financially supporting a team that clearly does not take winning importantly. Did anyone else see Josh Reed smiling and laughing on the sidelines 5 minutes after his 4th down drop. Losing is not only acceptable it's expected under this management, and it all starts at the top.

Yes..I said that during the game about clock management in the 1st half....And when I hear people saying that Perry is acceptable...come on...By the way, did everyone see him laughing, Lindell thought it was a joke when he missed a field goal...This team needs a coach who won't sleep for 3 days if he loses a game....

I have not been a big Poz fan, but you can't say he doesn't give his all every snap...Same can be said about Freddy, Kyle Williams, and maybe a few others....But, this is the type of players we need...

Ok so here is NFL.com's play by play for the last 1:47 in the 1st half of today's contest.

Timeout #1 by NE at 01:43.

1-1-BUF 1

(1:43) 12-T.Brady up the middle to BUF 1 for no gain (95-K.Williams, 99-M.Stroud).

2-1-BUF 1

(1:05) 39-L.Maroney left guard to BUF 1 for no gain (97-J.McCargo, 52-C.Draft).

3-1-BUF 1

(:28) 39-L.Maroney right guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

3-S.Gostkowski extra point is GOOD, Center-47-J.Ingram, Holder-6-C.Hanson.

NE 14 BUF 3 Plays: 8 Possession: 3:06

Buffalo Bills at 00:24

3-S.Gostkowski kicks 66 yards from NE 30 to BUF 4. 22-F.Jackson pushed ob at BUF 45 for 41 yards (3-S.Gostkowski).

1-10-BUF 45

(:13) (Shotgun) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass short left to 82-J.Reed pushed ob at NE 48 for 7 yards (24-J.Wilhite). Curl pattern, caught along sideline at NE 48.

Timeout #2 by NE at 00:07.

2-3-NE 48

(:07) (Shotgun) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass short middle to 82-J.Reed to NE 38 for 10 yards (51-J.Mayo). Caught at NE 40, slanting from right.

Timeout #2 by BUF at 00:03.

1-10-NE 38

(:03) 9-R.Lindell 56 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-65-G.Sanborn, Holder-8-B.Moorman.

Does anyone see what is wrong with this picture before I elaborate?

If the Bills (who had 2 timeouts at the time) take a timeout after Brady's rush with 1:43 they have roughly 1:35 seconds left. They then need to take their second timeout after Maroney's 2nd down rush, leaving them 1:30. On the very next play Maroney scores, so WE SHOULD HAVE had roughly 1:25 left on the clock. We all know what actually happened. The Bills don't use any of their timeouts, get a great return by Freddy, and try a 56 yard field goal as time expires.

Granted the Bills offense probably would have squandered the opportunity, but the coaches at least have to give them a chance by understanding clock management. The clock management on this team has been and continues to befuddle anyone with half a brain. Yet another example of how a team successfully avoids the playoffs for an entire decade. Congratulations on 10 years of ineptitude Ralph. I don't know if it's even worth financially supporting a team that clearly does not take winning importantly. Did anyone else see Josh Reed smiling and laughing on the sidelines 5 minutes after his 4th down drop. Losing is not only acceptable it's expected under this management, and it all starts at the top.

As for the smiling, I think everyone is over reacting. All we see is what gets edited into the shot, we don't know what is really going on. there could be something going on over there to keep the players calm and relaxed. Everyone screaming and frustrated doesn't accomplish much. The rage comes from, what we film geeks call, the "Kuleshov effect." Feel free to google it.

However I was screaming at the TV during the horrible clock management during the end of the first half. At the very least we should have been able to get into reasonable fg range. Just plain stupid on Perry's behalf

Granted the Bills offense probably would have squandered the opportunity, but the coaches at least have to give them a chance by understanding clock management. The clock management on this team has been and continues to befuddle anyone with half a brain.

Sadly, it appears Fewell kept the worst of the Jauron era ... incompetent clock management.

Can we send the Bills coaching staff to a course on Time/Clock Management?

These players and coaches are not even held accountable for their crap play. They make millions, play like crap week in and week out and the train just keeps on rolling. Every once in a while Ralph flips on the t.v. and sees what a train wreck his organization has become and makes a move (firing Juaron), but nothing really ever changes. Nothing will change until Ralph is no longer the head man of this organization. He has utterly no clue how to run an NFL team anymore, his time has passed, plain and simple.

Lindell's expression was more like "are you kidding me" to me.

word. Lindell has never given us a reason to think he dogs it. It was an unrealistic shot and he knew it. Us sitting home in our Lay-Z-Boys angrily typing on the internets need to lighten up a bit. Just because a Buffalo Bill smiled today does not mean they threw the game, weren't trying, find failure funny, whatever. Such a meaningless thing to harp on

word. Lindell has never given us a reason to think he dogs it. It was an unrealistic shot and he knew it. Us sitting home in our Lay-Z-Boys angrily typing on the internets need to lighten up a bit. Just because a Buffalo Bill smiled today does not mean they threw the game, weren't trying, find failure funny, whatever. Such a meaningless thing to harp on

Is it okay to harp on a coaching staff that doesn't understand how to utilize their timeouts?

Is it okay to harp on a coaching staff that doesn't understand how to utilize their timeouts?

Harp on! that is an actual concrete thing that is a problem. i can think of two games that had very obvious timeout usage stupidity.

here's a question: you think that's a Perry thing or a Fitz thing? I wonder who ultimately needs to be in full control of game management

Harp on! that is an actual concrete thing that is a problem. i can think of two games that had very obvious timeout usage stupidity.

here's a question: you think that's a Perry thing or a Fitz thing? I wonder who ultimately needs to be in full control of game management

It's on Perry 100%. He can tell Fitz to use his timeouts wisely, but if he sees the guy not using them when he clearly needs to be the coach has the right to use them from the sideline.

It's on Perry 100%. He can tell Fitz to use his timeouts wisely, but if he sees the guy not using them when he clearly needs to be the coach has the right to use them from the sideline.

Plus in this case we're talking about timeouts on defense, so that's 100% on the head coach.

What is amazing is the terrible clock management you see as you look around the league. Heck, today, Jeff Fisher, who I consider one of the top coaches currently in the game, wasted a golden opportunity to get a chance to win in regulation by not using his timeouts when Miami was backed up in their own end zone.

So as aggravating as the (non)use of timeouts was today, sadly I'm skeptical that it will be greatly improved with a new guy in charge.