WTF?

The Big Cat

Pittsburgh gave my fantasy team a -22 on defense. Despite their horrible performance, I will still win my game and move into the championship round next week. My team's biggest weakness is the Steelers suddenly terrible defense. As to Tomlin, he appears to be a good coach, but next year will be a make or break year for the man.

Just got this text from my buddy in Pittsburgh: "I love it because now we have a chance to score instead of losing in the final seconds." Hahaha, I guess the Stillers have their dumbass optimists too!

(I am a said dumbass when it comes to the Bills)

If you had been watching the Stillers secondary all year, particularly in the 4th quarter, you'd know exactly what your buddy was talking about. No matter where they got the ball (and Jeff Reed's best efforts were line drives to the 10-15 yard line before the game) GB was going to score. Period.

As goofy as it sounds, that desperation move may well have been their best percentage to win the game. Which they did.

If you had been watching the Stillers secondary all year, particularly in the 4th quarter, you'd know exactly what your buddy was talking about. No matter where they got the ball (and Jeff Reed's best efforts were line drives to the 10-15 yard line before the game) GB was going to score. Period.

As goofy as it sounds, that desperation move may well have been their best percentage to win the game. Which they did.

:ph34r:

Just as another poster said, the call will be buried by the miraculous win, a win that had everything to do with Big Ben being super human, and nothing to do with the coaches.

:oops:

Just as another poster said, the call will be buried by the miraculous win, a win that had everything to do with Big Ben being super human, and nothing to do with the coaches.

If the Stillers had kicked away, there's a very good chance that when GB inevitably scored that they would have had about 20-30 seconds for an 80 yard drive instead of over 2:00. And Tomlin's perfectly timed decision on when to start playing the timeout game was also a very key factor in assuring their offense had the necessary time to get down the field to win the game.

It was certainly a debatable call and even possibly a desperate gamble, but dismissing it as stupid when you know nothing about the many extenuating circumstances is, well, stupid.

As to Tomlin, he appears to be a good coach, but next year will be a make or break year for the man.

Considering that the Stiller have had 3 coaches in the last 40 years, I don't think Tomlin needs to be staying up nights worrying about his job.

If they kept that idiot Cowher around when he missed the playoff 4 out of 6 years with the best talent in the NFL before he got a ring, I'm thinking the Rooneys aren't in any rush to dump a far superior coach who's already won a championship.

If the Stillers had kicked away, there's a very good chance that when GB inevitably scored that they would have had about 20-30 seconds for an 80 yard drive instead of over 2:00. And Tomlin's perfectly timed decision on when to start playing the timeout game was also a very key factor in assuring their offense had the necessary time to get down the field to win the game.

It was certainly a debatable call and even possibly a desperate gamble, but dismissing it as stupid when you know nothing about the many extenuating circumstances is, well, stupid.

Considering that the Stiller have had 3 coaches in the last 40 years, I don't think Tomlin needs to be staying up nights worrying about his job.

If they kept that idiot Cowher around when he missed the playoff 4 out of 6 years with the best talent in the NFL before he got a ring, I'm thinking the Rooneys aren't in any rush to dump a far superior coach who's already won a championship.

If forcing your offense to score a TD with less than 2 min to go and 0 TO's gives you the best chance to win, then yes, it was the right call.

If forcing your offense to score a TD with less than 2 min to go and 0 TO's gives you the best chance to win, then yes, it was the right call.

There was more than 2:00 left and Tomlin had managed to keep a timeout in his pocket that saved them.

And the surprise onside was an attempt to not force the offense to have to score a TD.

But aside from those 3 mistakes in 1 sentence, you're right on the money.

There was more than 2:00 left and Tomlin had managed to keep a timeout in his pocket that saved them.

And the surprise onside was an attempt to not force the offense to have to score a TD.

But aside from those 3 mistakes in 1 sentence, you're right on the money.

The Steelers ran one play before the two minute warning and it was negated because of a hold.

I was wrong about the timeout.

How is arguing that they didn't want to lose at the last minute any different than wanting to give your offense a chance to win at the end???