2-17 against the Patriots this Decade

Poeticlaw

Doug Flutie 1-1

RJ 0-2

Drew 1-5

Holcomb 0-1

Jp 0-4

Trent 0-4

Dougie was the last QB to play well against the Pats. Drew only won the game becuase we picked up Lawyer Malloy Before the game and knew what the defensive game plan would be and was succesful against it.

Personally, I do not see Fitzy winning this game nor do I think Trent would do any better and I think the main reason Flutie was any good against them was becuase of two things one he had it in for the Pats and two he improvised more then anything.

So remind me Why the Dolphins are our rivals and not the Patriots?

Doug Flutie 1-1

RJ 0-2

Drew 1-5

Holcomb 0-1

Jp 0-4

Trent 0-4

Dougie was the last QB to play well against the Pats. Drew only won the game becuase we picked up Lawyer Malloy Before the game and knew what the defensive game plan would be and was succesful against it.

Personally, I do not see Fitzy winning this game nor do I think Trent would do any better and I think the main reason Flutie was any good against them was becuase of two things one he had it in for the Pats and two he improvised more then anything.

So remind me Why the Dolphins are our rivals and not the Patriots?

trent edwards had a very good game against them for the first game of this season...

:thumbsup: Hilarious.
31-0. We barely squeaked by.

PTR

You can laugh at it, and there is certainly no way of proving it either way, but I completely agree with the OP. I've never seen a team so shell-shocked as the opening day 2003 Patriots. The defensive heart of their team and possibly most popular player was cut days before the opener and signed with the Week 1 opponent. Setting aside the schematic advantage this gave us (which I'm sure was significant) the emotional gut-punch it gave the Patriots was crippling.

Interesting how they went 17-1 the rest of the year (with the only loss by 3 points) and we went 5-10.

Now that's funny, the Bills only won because they knew the game plan. I guess the Patsie's didn't know anything about the Bills defensive plan and that was the difference. Classic!

Considering Sam Adams alone outscored the Patriots offense.... :thumbsup:

You can laugh at it, and there is certainly no way of proving it either way, but I completely agree with the OP. I've never seen a team so shell-shocked as the opening day 2003 Patriots. The defensive heart of their team and possibly most popular player was cut days before the opener and signed with the Week 1 opponent. Setting aside the schematic advantage this gave us (which I'm sure was significant) the emotional gut-punch it gave the Patriots was crippling.

Interesting how they went 17-1 the rest of the year (with the only loss by 3 points) and we went 5-10.

You forgot the payback in Kind; 31-0 in the season Finale.

trent edwards had a very good game against them for the first game of this season...

The line in my local paper shows NE* by 7.

Been a while since I've seen that low edge. An optimistic angel is sitting on my shoulder (what a rarity! :thumbsup: ) telling me that unless the ref crew is headed by certain chaps - notably, Don Carey, Scott Green, or Carl Cheffers, they have a legit shot.