The QB Experiment is Done

Wizard

The Tampon 2 defense does not work for us. 4 years is enough of it.

Once the house cleaning at One Bills Drive happens, I hope a competent GM comes in, brings in the right coaches and changes the defense back to the 3-4. We need 2 monster DT's like when we had Washington/Williams or Williams/Adams. Schobel is playing better, but not enough to warrant the $8.7 million a year. I'd tell him to take a pay cut or trade him. Kelsay & Denney would be gone as well. Defintely need help at the LB position as well.

A switch to a 3-4 will set the Bills back 3-4 years! Our weakness is LB's and stout 2 gap DT; why change to a scheme that emphasizes this? We could excell in the 4-3 with a change in philosophy - less read and react ,more attack. Also we need bigger, stouter LBs who can fill a hole, take on and shed blocks. We could use more stout DTs to use in our rotation but honestly the poor run defense is due more to LB play as they consistenly over run the play and lose their gap containment.

I think our secondary will be stacked next year - Florence is our best coverage DB and if McKlevin can recover from injury he and McGee can fight it out for the other side while Corner is a beast at slot coverage but a bust on the outside. We are stacked at safety; while I am not a Whitner basher like most but if we can save salary he can be cut because honestly Byrd, Scott, and Wilson can fill the role. But cutting WHitner just for sake would be stupid as injury can happen as we well know and he can honestly play both saftey positions as well as fill in nickleback; Byrd and Scott are not as interchangable at safety.

Are you really saying that people with more posts are smarter than those with fewer posts? So, the longer you hang out here, the smarter you get? Really?

If only this was the way things worked...using the same logic I could add the total time I've spent in college classrooms to the time I've spent hanging out in bars and I'd be a freakin genius