Ravens @ Packers MNF

zow2

Just watching Green Bay, I can't help but be envious that they transition from Favre to Aaron Rodgers. Those Green Bay fans are some lucky bastards. Rodgers may not be Favre or Elway, but he's way better than average in this league. If he stays with GB for like 10 years....that would be 25 straight years of solid QB'ing up there. argh!

Just watching Green Bay, I can't help but be envious that they transition from Favre to Aaron Rodgers. Those Green Bay fans are some lucky bastards. Rodgers may not be Favre or Elway, but he's way better than average in this league. If he stays with GB for like 10 years....that would be 25 straight years of solid QB'ing up there. argh!

Few teams have found a great QB to follow a legend. we havent found someone since Kelly. Miami has been dormant since Marino. How many years did it take Cincinatti to find a replacement for Esiason? Dallas hasnt found someone since Aikman. San Fran hasnt since Young. Denver hasnt since Elway. Its truly amazing.

The only legends following legends i can think of in recent history is Montana/Young and MAYBE Bledsoe/Brady (but I discard because Bledsoe was in the prime of his career when replaced). But most teams who lose a legendary QB take YEARS (if not a decade plus) to find a legitimate QB.

There's something to be said for letting a guy sit and develop.