Moulds has 'thinking to do'

ICE

another episode of "as the windvane turns"-

I recall you blasted me for opposing your plan in this past offseason to redo Moulds contract to push cap dollars into the future.

124392[/snapback]

NO SIR I DID NOT! In fact I had your back. Now I know you and I have had our differences, but you are flat out wrong on this one. I said this offseason we should trade moulds. It would force Bledsoe to look at ALL the WR' AND Garner us a good first round pick.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO SIR I DID NOT!  In fact I had your back. Now I know you and I have had our differences, but you are flat out wrong on this one.  I said this offseason we should trade moulds. It would force Bledsoe to look at ALL the WR' AND Garner us a good first round pick.

124534[/snapback]

They will not get a first round pick for Eric Moulds at an 8 million dollar cap figure. He is a great player but he is at least slightly overpaid at 8 million. Let’s say you’re a GM and you have 8 million available ICE. Which option would you choose?

1. Trade first round pick for Moulds

2. Sign Burress at around 5 and make your draft pick, paying around 3.

This isn’t even remotely close….

They will not get a first round pick for Eric Moulds at an 8 million dollar cap figure. He is a great player but he is at least slightly overpaid at 8 million. Let’s say you’re a GM and you have 8 million available ICE. Which option would you choose?

1.  Trade first round pick for Moulds

2.  Sign Burress at around 5 and make your draft pick, paying around 3.

This isn’t even remotely close….

124804[/snapback]

Plexiglass isn't going anywhere. Besides Moulds will re do his deal to get a trade

Plexiglass isn't going anywhere. Besides Moulds will re do his deal to get a trade

124861[/snapback]

It doesn't have to be Plaxico (Chambers for a little less dough, Harrison for a little more dough), although I really don't see how you can say that he isn't going anywhere.

It also is a very different thing for you now to say that Moulds will redo his contract. This is my point all along - this is a big distinction. As it stands now at 8 million on the cap, Moulds has no trade value despite being an excellent player. He might put all these prospective teams over the top but they can't afford to acquire him.

Of course, Moulds might be better off refusing to redo his contract, getting cut, and then having the ability to choose between 31 teams.

It doesn't have to be Plaxico (Chambers for a little less dough, Harrison for a little more dough), although I really don't see how you can say that he isn't going anywhere.

It also is a very different thing for you now to say that Moulds will redo his contract. This is my point all along - this is a big distinction. As it stands now at 8 million on the cap, Moulds has no trade value despite being an excellent player. He might put all these prospective teams over the top but they can't afford to acquire him.

Of course, Moulds might be better off refusing to redo his contract, getting cut, and then having the ability to choose between 31 teams.

124912[/snapback]

Won't happen. RW himself won't allow Moulds to go without something in return. Honestly we don't have to trade him. We will, but we don't have to. We will be under the cap even with his salary.