Scheftner on LA Football, NO BILLS!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you go root for the Pats*? You are NOT a BUFFALO BILLS fan!!!! :lol:

i'll let alpha fight his own battles. but why the hate? he just acted out as a reporter.

oh yeah he wouldnt mind seing bills games in la. lets feed him to the sharks for saying that. thats lame and i dont get it.

im not defendig him because i am from la myself. i just dont understand whats the big deal.

If this piece of S@%t is a fan we don't need fans like him. How many folks have you ever seen on this board that wasn't a troll post that they wish the Bills would move. This guy is so full of BS with his BS life style and made up stories its pathetic.

Who brags about their life style on this board like this prick except of course SKOOBY

SKOOBY and his BMW ain't got nothing on this dweeb. :lol:

im a dweeb too. i actually WANT the bills to move. dog14787 i think you're a loser. hes expressing his love for a team and getting bashed. you r so lame to me!

i dont know where you live. if u reside in buf and then move to another city, if the bills moved to your new relocated city, u wouldnt mind. i am pretty sure you wouldnt protest the move to your city. actually u r so dumb, u probably would tie yourself to a post and protest even though they are coming to your city! well thats where we stand.

bills arent going anywhere!!!!! but if they were, anyone not living in the buffalo area wouldnt mind seing the bills move to their respective city. if they would mind, they are lying. if it was really happening, there would be new posts all over the place. "my team is moving to my city..." there would. lets face the truth.

ps. people who name call other people trolls usually have little diks!

this rationale is confusing to me. Dont you realize that if the franchise were to move to LA, it would not resemble the Bills any more? It would virtually be an expansion team and it would be no different if it were the Bills, an expansion franchise, or the Jaguars. The Bills would be completely wiped off the face of the Earth. They would all but wipe the history clean, wear different uniforms, and take on a name like the Los Angeles Predators of some crap. If you are a fan, how could that make you happy?... and any better than LA acquiring a team other than the Bills

actually teams dont fall off the face of the earth. titans play houston oiler unis on throwback weekends. the bills name isnt forgotten even if the name changes.

i cant speak for alpha but i can for myself. we have not had a local team for sometime. if we had a la based team we wouldnt have to drive to san diego every time the bills played here.

so let me get this straight. lets forget la for a minute. what if the bills moved to jacksonville and jaguars moved to buff? youre telling me you wouldnt root for the jacksonville bills? if u wouldnt, then you wouldnt be a real bills fan.

i did the best i could to explain the rationale.

It wouldn't be the same team. I'd hope that part of why you root for the team is where it's from. There would be no LA Bills, there would be the LA Sharks or whatever. There would be nothing left of the Buffalo Bills except the crappy players. yeehaw for you

how come real fans know the titans were the houston oilers.

how come real fans know the indianapolis colts were the baltimore colts.

real fans would know.

anyway this is pointless. bills arent moving anywhere.

go bills!

i'll let alpha fight his own battles. but why the hate? he just acted out as a reporter.

oh yeah he wouldnt mind seing bills games in la. lets feed him to the sharks for saying that. thats lame and i dont get it.

im not defendig him because i am from la myself. i just dont understand whats the big deal.

He didn't just act as a reporter, he said he would LOVE to see the Bills move to LA. That is a personal choice, not reporting. It does not matter if it is LA or Jax or ANY other city, if the Bills ever leave Buffalo, they will NO LONGER be the Buffalo Bills. The Buffalo Bills would cease to exist. The Tennessee Titans are NOT the Houston Oilers. The Baltimore Ravens are NOT the Cleveland Browns, nor are they the Baltimore Colts. The Browns still exist because the legacy name & Colors remained in Cleveland. Cleveland still has the Browns, but the new Cleveland Browns are an expansion team that SUCKS while the Baltimore Ravens won a Super Bowl. Even so, Browns fans root for the CRAPPY expansion team they have NOT the Baltimore Ravens.

You never lived in Buffalo or left when you were very young to not understand the big deal. I would bet that 99% of Bills fans Would not root for them if they left Buffalo. As I said about the Buffalo Braves, THEY NO LONGER EXIST. If you want an NFL team, MOVE to an NFL City or wait (feel free to hold your breath while waiting) & a team will come to LA eventually, just know that the fans of that team will be HEARTBROKEN when their team MOVES.

To call yourself a fan of a team & then WANT that team to move is ASININE!!! :lol:

how come real fans know the titans were the houston oilers.

how come real fans know the indianapolis colts were the baltimore colts.

real fans would know.

anyway this is pointless. bills arent moving anywhere.

go bills!

The KEY word of this post is WERE, as in past tense, meaning that they NO LONGER exist.

REAL fans of a team want that team to remain in the City they are from, they do not want them moving anywhere, even to the City they now reside in.

Real fans LOVE their team. If you had a woman you loved & she left you for a richer better looking guy, you would always love the memories of you & her together, but to still be in love with her would be pointless & only cause you further heartbreak.

Getting back to the original topic, I fear that Los Angeles is only the first of what may be several more hurdles to follow. I believe we BUFFALO Bills fans are caught up in a cruel game of musical chairs. There are 7 other franchises believed to be in limbo (Jags, Rams, Chargers, Raiders, Saints, Vikings, 49ers) and 3 viable NFL cities still without a team (Los Angeles, Toronto, San Antonio).

I seriously doubt the 49ers ever leave Northern California. And if Minneapolis loses the Vikings or St. Louis loses the Rams to Los Angeles, you've got to figure that it's only a matter of time before both cities get their act together and land an NFL team again a la Cleveland. That team could easily be our Bills once Ralph passes away. Also, Southern California is large enough to support 2 NFL teams, so a Chargers relocation to Los Angeles or elsewhere simply means that Los Angeles will then be looking for a second team.

The Raiders, Jags, and Saints, however, are completely different stories. I doubt either Northern California, Jacksonville, or New Orleans ever get a (non-expansion) team back if or when those respective franchises pick up and leave. So these are essentially the 3 franchises we Bills fans unfortunately need to root for to relocate to the 3 cities of Los Angeles, Toronto, and San Antonio. The problem, though, is that we need Al Davis and Wayne Weaver and Tom Benson to make a move before Ralph Wilson dies. And so far that I've heard, none are yet willing to do that. Moreover, the NFL seems committed to keeping the Saints where they are due to post-Hurricane Katrina sympathy. If these 3 franchises don't relocate, our best bet then is to pray that Los Angeles/Toronto/San Antonio can't get their act together in enticing an NFL team, that Goodell and the NFL decide to block a Bills move due to fear of a Cleveland Browns style of backlash, or that talks of NFL expansion resume.

The KEY word of this post is WERE, as in past tense, meaning that they NO LONGER exist.

REAL fans of a team want that team to remain in the City they are from, they do not want them moving anywhere, even to the City they now reside in.

Real fans LOVE their team. If you had a woman you loved & she left you for a richer better looking guy, you would always love the memories of you & her together, but to still be in love with her would be pointless & only cause you further heartbreak.

loved your comparison. she wouldnt leave me but assuming....j/k

HOWEVER this is the last thing i will say. a woman leaving me and me loving that women would be stupid. the main thing is how the team converts.

if the bills moved to la and became the la whatevers. i could understand u guys.

but if they moved to la and became the la bills and kept the buffalo logo, the buffalo unis, the colors, the whole schbang. then i dont understand u guys.

hope bills win tonight.

HOWEVER this is the last thing i will say. a woman leaving me and me loving that women would be stupid. the main thing is how the team converts.

if the bills moved to la and became the la whatevers. i could understand u guys.

but if they moved to la and became the la bills and kept the buffalo logo, the buffalo unis, the colors, the whole schbang. then i dont understand u guys.

hope bills win tonight.

There is NO CONVERTING. If the Bills ever leave Buffalo, I would have no more reason to root for them. My new favorite team would be the team that played against them every week.

If the Bills moved to LA with the Bills Name & Colors, it would be even WORSE than if they became the LA Thugs or whatever.

If the name & legacy stayed in Buffalo, there would be a REMOTE possibility of getting another team in the future that could carry on the tradition like they did in Cleveland.

Real Fans of a TEAM root for the CITY as much as the Team. So it would HURT even more that the LA team would be called the Bills (I Doubt that would ever happen).

There is NO CONVERTING. If the Bills ever leave Buffalo, I would have no more reason to root for them. My new favorite team would be the team that played against them every week.

If the Bills moved to LA with the Bills Name & Colors, it would be even WORSE than if they became the LA Thugs or whatever.

If the name & legacy stayed in Buffalo, there would be a REMOTE possibility of getting another team in the future that could carry on the tradition like they did in Cleveland.

Real Fans of a TEAM root for the CITY as much as the Team. So it would HURT even more that the LA team would be called the Bills (I Doubt that would ever happen).

Real fans stick with a team...I root for the team and these players rather they are playing in Buffalo, LA, London, Toronto, Aghanistan, your moms back yard, whatever...you might as well get your rocks off now on the Bills, because like it or not, once Ralph is gone your beloved team is going to unfortunately be a threat to relocate somewhere just about every year until they ultimately do or the cities needing teams no longer need teams...

hope bills win tonight.

Most of us first chose to support the Bills because we support the city of Buffalo and WNY/upstate NY in general, not because of the stylish uniforms (what are you, a !@#$ing woman?!) or individual players (transients anyway in the era of free agency) or the 50-year history of on-field success ( :cry: ). If the city name preceding the team name had no relevance, why not just have a 32-team roaming circus that every so often rotates the NFL stadiums in which they play their "home" games?

I personally won't support the LA Bills for the same reason I won't support LA anything....I don't give a flying !@#$ about that fake, flaky, pretentious, materialistic city. The NFL and the LA Bills would be like the NBA and the LA Clippers after the Braves moved....completely dead to me. Judging by the comments on this message board over the years, I represent the VAST majority of Bills fans.

But you're different. You're apparently from LA, like LA, have no personal ties to the Buffalo area, and highly value the ability to conveniently attend your team's home games. Why not just become a fan of the LA Jaguars or LA Chargers or LA Rams or LA Raiders?

LOL...one, I dont think the Bills are moving to LA...its most likely going to be SD IMO...two, I have no attachment to the city of Buffalo as I am not from there...I get you and many other Bills fan do, and I respect that. But I dont root for the Bills because they are from Buffalo...I root for them because I am a Bills fan...whether they are in Buffalo, Toronto, LA, whatever...if they happen to move to LA, then great, I get to go to home games and I would still be a huge fan, and it would also now be my home team...

Unlike most people on this board who say they will ABANDON this team if they move out of Buffalo to Toronto or LA, I am a Bills fan for life even if they were playing North Dakota...

I am not even pushing for them to move, but simply said I would love to be able to have season tickets if they did...you are reading way too much into the update I gave on what the local news is saying here in LA...

You just don't get it. If the Bills were to move to Toronto or LA, they would NO LONGER be the BUFFALO BILLS so you would NOT be a BILLS fan for life. You would be a fan of a team that at one time WAS the Bills.

Real fans stick with a team...I root for the team and these players rather they are playing in Buffalo, LA, London, Toronto, Aghanistan, your moms back yard, whatever...you might as well get your rocks off now on the Bills, because like it or not, once Ralph is gone your beloved team is going to unfortunately be a threat to relocate somewhere just about every year until they ultimately do or the cities needing teams no longer need teams...

So by your specific definition of "real fans," the entire Cleveland Browns fanbase weren't acting like "real fans" by not continuing to support Modell's Baltimore Ravens? I would absolutely LOVE to see you post this argument on a Browns message board :cry: .

If LA ever does STEAL a team from another City, I hope you get season tickets. I hope you become EMOTIONALLY invested with your HOME Team & become a REAL fan...........................then after 12-16 years after being a REAL FAN all those years & the team is playing POORLY & the GLITZ of the Stadium built over a decade ago has WORN OFF & attending games is no longer the TRENDY thing to do in LA, I HOPE they MOVE the team as they have done before in LA. Only then will you understand what it means to be a REAL Fan of a team.

Most of us first chose to support the Bills because we support the city of Buffalo and WNY/upstate NY in general, not because of the stylish uniforms (what are you, a !@#$ing woman?!) or individual players (transients anyway in the era of free agency) or the 50-year history of on-field success ( :thumbsup: ). If the city name preceding the team name had no relevance, why not just have a 32-team roaming circus that every so often rotates the NFL stadiums in which they play their "home" games?

I personally won't support the LA Bills for the same reason I won't support LA anything....I don't give a flying !@#$ about that fake, flaky, pretentious, materialistic city. The NFL and the LA Bills would be like the NBA and the LA Clippers after the Braves moved....completely dead to me. Judging by the comments on this message board over the years, I represent the VAST majority of Bills fans.

But you're different. You're apparently from LA, like LA, have no personal ties to the Buffalo area, and highly value the ability to conveniently attend your team's home games. Why not just become a fan of the LA Jaguars or LA Chargers or LA Rams or LA Raiders?

thats funny. im a woman cuz i said if the bills keep the same bufallo logo and colors??? no wonder i cant reason with you. i never even mentioned the word stylish or even implied something like this. u did. im not gay. but if you are. i respect you.

by the way bro. women are the best beings on this freaking planet. once u start respecting them, maybe just maybe they could look past your dumb @ self!

this thread is getting old. here is the bottom line:

to be a bills fan you gotta be crazy. the defenders of keeping bills in buffalo are crazy and adamant about keeping them. gotta love bills pride.

the "dreamers" of having the bills in your neighborhood are crazy too. gotta love bills pride.

regardless of which side you belong to: no comparison, analogy, or good point will change your mind.

this is the classic case of put yourself in my shoe. no one will TRULY understand the other view unless placed in that situation.