I hope that the Bills' get a Vince Young-type QB.

Tipster19

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you're an idiot. Get your facts straight before you dig yourself into a bigger hole of cluelessness.

In his first season, Vince Young led his team to the playoffs and won Rookie of the Year. So no need to even mention him in the same sentence as Losman and Edwards.

In his second season, he lost his job in the 3rd game after suffering a knee injury and missing 3 weeks. Kerry Collins came in with a hot hand and Fisher decided to ride with him. A second year QB is going to have his ups and downs (see: Matt Ryan)... but what he did his rookie year alone was enough to allow him grow on the field.

22-11 as a starter. Hard to argue with that, but you get a gold star for trying :D

I basically agree with you, but the Titans went 8-8 his first season and went 10-6 his second season (which is when they made the playoffs). He was pretty lousy his second year, but the defense was great.

I basically agree with you, but the Titans went 8-8 his first season and went 10-6 his second season (which is when they made the playoffs). He was pretty lousy his second year, but the defense was great.

You're right, he hit the classic second year wall. Did he deserve being pulled like that? I tend to think not... When guys like Stafford and Sanchez can go out there and throw 5 INT games I see no reason why VY didn't earn his right to play through those plateaus in his early career. I'd venture to bed he would have developed a lot faster on the field had that been the case.

The Young, McNabb, Vick prototype quarterbacks have proven to be good, but not "Super." It's hard to find college quarterbacks that even make the NFL in this mold anymore. Tebow will be the 2010 exception, but he's not running a pro style offense at Florida and will likely struggle like Alex Smith. I expect he will eventually be a success. A first year wonder like Rothlesberger he won't be.