How unwatchable is tonights Texans-Titans ganme?

Hossage

No sour grapes at all. I am just afraid of the mind set of many Bills fans to look at marginal players in a " well he's better than who we got" mindset. If you where a Indianapolis, New England, Pittsburgh or New Orleans fan would you say Young was great? Of course not. You would have higher standards.

Noone is saying that he is great, but he is definately a different player since coming back & he is using his skills to his advantage now. He kept alot of drives alive by picking carefully when to get out of the pocket & get the yardage. is he ever going to be confused with Manning/Brady/Brees. probably not, but he is better then anything we have had at qb for the last 10yrs, which I guess in it's own right, is not really saying much. It would be something if Tenn runs the table & makes the playoffs. That would be the story of the year.

Been a good game to me, Vince Young just keep getting better and better and better.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the officiating, just didn't pay it much attention.

I sat there thinking to myself "Man these teams are light-yeares ahead of the Bills. Everything they do is done faster, harder, and better. The Bills are a bad JV team compared to these guys." And they are very average NFL teams...

Noone is saying that he is great, but he is definately a different player since coming back & he is using his skills to his advantage now. He kept alot of drives alive by picking carefully when to get out of the pocket & get the yardage. is he ever going to be confused with Manning/Brady/Brees. probably not, but he is better then anything we have had at qb for the last 10yrs, which I guess in it's own right, is not really saying much. It would be something if Tenn runs the table & makes the playoffs. That would be the story of the year.

Agreed completely. Manning, Brady, and Brees are HOF quarterbacks and obviously Young is not. Young is however getting it done and winning. He is not just along for the ride either, he is the difference.

The shortsighted simpletons of the board will point out that he is not Manning. As if the two categories of QBs are HOF and complete bust. The guy is playing very well right now and has been playing within his talents. Kerry Collins should be proud.

Heh...I think most of us could compose an All-Dud team of collegians we favored, as well as an All-Star team of those we panned.

:wallbash:

Cush was one guy I had pegged as a keeper, my big miss (so far anyway) was Tyson Jackson, who I thought would be pro bowl worthy as a rookie.

Agreed completely. Manning, Brady, and Brees are HOF quarterbacks and obviously Young is not. Young is however getting it done and winning. He is not just along for the ride either, he is the difference.

The shortsighted simpletons of the board will point out that he is not Manning. As if the two categories of QBs are HOF and complete bust. The guy is playing very well right now and has been playing within his talents. Kerry Collins should be proud.

maybe we should write Young's bio after he is finished? he is not a classic passer but he is exciting and dangerous. HOF? who can say yet.

Heck, TE could make the HOF. :wallbash:

maybe we should write Young's bio after he is finished? he is not a classic passer but he is exciting and dangerous. HOF? who can say yet.

Heck, TE could make the HOF. :wallbash:

What are you talking about? I said that Young has played well so far this season. I was supporting his improvement and defending the fact that someone can be very good without being a HOFer, and yes I feel comfortable saying he is not a HOF player. The only reason the HOF was brought up was because Young was being compared to Brady, Manning, and Brees.

Not sure where you get Young's bio?

I dont even recognize this as football. After each play, the players flail their arms at each other in an odd and uncoordinated manner and bob their heads. Either hit the other guy or go back to your huddle. Dont talk about it.

#94 wound up and put an elbow into #68 from Tennessee right in front of the ref, and didnt get ejected for it. None of the other six referees ejected him. His coach didnt sit him down. I would rather watch the WWF.

These players couldnt tackle their male sex dolls, even if they were degreased and they pulled the needles out of their arms to make sure it didnt pop.

Dog: yeah VY can be deadly, especially if you use him right. Terelle Pryor isnt any dumber than VY was in college, and he is even bigger

Its a great game if you like effort and a close game. Its not a good game if you like to see good football.

You're just jealous because they both could move the ball down the field -and- actually scored 2 touchdowns. The last time the Bills could drive at will, it was because Tampa Bay still thought it was a preseason game. :wallbash:

Actually buftex did call him great-or great tonight anyway, which is what prompted my response. My real point was not about Young. He played OK. He didn't hurt the team. My real point was that Bills fans have gotten to the stage were a reasonably competent player is called "great" with a clear unsaid undertone of"I wish we had him" in it. A dumbing down if you will. That attitude is not going to win super bowels. Is a 10-6 season with a close playoff lose all we can aspire to?