Jerry Sullivan circular logic

PromoTheRobot

That and the fact that Lovie Smith's job in Chicago may be up in the air. Sully said that Shanahan is a "Chicago guy," and that is where Cutler is. I would think that Shanahan would want to go somewhere where he can bring in his own quarterback and have a chance to win. Chicago already has his quarterback in Cutler and have fewer holes than the Bills do at this point.

I would think Shanny wants to stay as far away from Jay Cutler as possible at this point. I'm not saying he's going to sign with Buffalo but I think Chicago may have screwed up bigtime by trading their picks for Cutler. Speaking of picks doesn't Cutler lead the league in that category?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a beat writer. He's a columnist and therefore paid to have an opinion. You can choose to agree or disagree. Mark Gaughan and Allen Wilson are the beat writers. They rarely offer opinion (except maybe on their live chats).

As for the "going national" stuff, that gets a little old after a while. Could it be that, like so many of us, Sullivan has grown to like to community and its people and has no desire to go anywhere? Good people leave the News every day to go to New York, Washington, etc. This may come as a shock, but many hardcore newspaper people don't see TV as a step forward. The News pays well and he obviously has a following here. Tim Graham "made it big" and, last I heard, is moving back to WNY.

Lastly, I don't get the crap most people spew when it comes to newspapers. I guess it has to do with the fact that most grown men beileve they can easily do Sully's job. That very well may be, but it's a 365-day-a-year operation. There are no weekends, no holidays. Someone is there putting out a paper. Every day. Your neighbors, people who live and work in this community and care about it as much as you do.