Winner & Losers

thewildrabbit

Wade Phillips was the DC for the Bronco's under Dan Reeves during the super bowl with John Elway as QB and the lost in a blowout. Music city miracle =LOSER

Dick Jauron great guy, hard worker= BIG LOSER

Marv levy greater guy, harder worker, actually smart enough to hire decent assistant coaches,3 Grey Cups wins, 4 super bowl loses=LOSER

Marty Schottenheimer The Bills fans are so desperate for a winning season even Marty is looking great right now, but you know what? 21 years a HC 200 wins 126 losses 74 games over 500 and yet...The guy can't win a playoff game

SUPER BOWL WINS O-Championships O -conference Championships O- Division Championships 8= LOSER

The Bills need to find a coach that has been to the promised land and won...

Brian Billick-Jon Gruden-Mike Holmgren-Mike Shanahan-Bill Cowher-Dick Vermeil-Tony Dungy are all super bowl winning head coaches that are currently not coaching.

Lets face it, Mike Shanahan is a HoF candidate and will command 8-12 million. Yea he won those super bowls with John Elway.

But, Elway was an old man by NFL standards at the time and the guy who really won was Terrell Davis and that Bronco running attack

Shanahan: 16 years a HC 146 wins 98 losses 48 games over 500-Super bowl wins 2 Championships 2 Conference championships 2 division championships 4= WINNER

IDGAF what it will take to get Shanahan into Buffalo as the next head coach / GM, but Wilson needs to get it done!

Guest dog14787
Wade Phillips was the DC for the Bronco's under Dan Reeves during the super bowl runs with John Elway as QB and the lost those games in blowouts. Music city miracle =LOSER

Dick Jauron great guy, hard worker= BIG LOSER

Marv levy greater guy, harder worker, actually smart enough to hire decent assistant coaches,3 Grey Cups wins, 4 super bowl loses=LOSER

Marty Schottenheimer The Bills fans are so desperate for a winning season even Marty is looking great right now, but you know what? 21 years a HC 200 wins 126 losses 74 games over 500 and yet...The guy can't win a playoff game

SUPER BOWL WINS O-Championships O -conference Championships O- Division Championships 8= LOSER

The Bills need to find a coach that has been to the promised land and won...

Brian Billick-Jon Gruden-Mike Holmgren-Mike Shanahan-Bill Cowher-Dick Vermeil-Tony Dungy are all super bowl winning head coaches that are currently not coaching.

Lets face it, Mike Shanahan is a HoF candidate and will command 8-12 million. Yea he won those super bowls with John Elway.

But, Elway was an old man by NFL standards at the time and the guy who really won was Terrell Davis and that Bronco running attack

Shanahan: 16 years a HC 146 wins 98 losses 48 games over 500-Super bowl wins 2 Championships 2 Conference championships 2 division championships 4= WINNER

IDGAF what it will take to get Shanahan into Buffalo as the next head coach / GM, but Wilson needs to get it done!

RW is willing to spend 10 million and the Buffalo Bills have some talent to work with, I'm willing to bet Mike Shanahan will be intrigued with the idea of coaching in Buffalo, I hope so anyway.

Per Schefter today on ESPN (for all that is worth), the Bills will do everything in their power to not allow Shanahan to leave without a deal.

I'm just unsure of how this would effect the front office. It is clear to me, and many other fans, that both Guy and Modrak are the equivalent of 8 year old, expired milk sitting in our refridgerator rotting. The sad thing is, that even if they are let go by the new coach/ GM in a much-needed house cleaning, their influence (more Modrak than Guy) will still be felt this offseason and draft, as the same scouting staff and Director of Scouting is in place.

Word is that Shanahan will be given say in the football operation, personnel department, etc. As much as I love the idea of having someone like Shanahan running the Bills, I worry that it will prove too much for one man to do.

I think he will bring back instant credibility to the organization, but will the role of coach/ GM prove too much?

I guess I would feel best if a serious GM were hired first, and Modrak and Guy were fired. Then a coach can be hired.

If Ralph is serious (as he appears to be), then guys like Shanahan, Cowher, and Holmgren apparently are wanting both duties. The issue is that I don't believe anyone- including the Tuna- has been able to succeed in that dual role.

In fact it was this dual role in Denver that led to the eventual downfall of Shanahan as coach of the Broncos.

RW is willing to spend 10 million and the Buffalo Bills have some talent to work with, I'm willing to bet Mike Shanahan will be intrigued with the idea of coaching in Buffalo, I hope so anyway.

That talent base is getting eroded game-by-game, with all these season-ending injuries....The Bills roster is going to look vastly different next year.