Griswold

A few posters have said we need Charlie Casserly. One said a "Casserly type."

Please, no.

His record with the Texans:

2002 4–12

2003 5–11

2004 7–9

2005 2–14

His best record of 7-9 is the record we've been trying to shed.

His record before the Texans, when with the Skins, was mixed toward the end.

I don't know who a good player evaluator would be, but I know it isn't Casserly.

Well, he was trying to build an expansion team from the ground up, which is extremely difficult. Casserly laid a good amount of the foundation in Houston by bringing in Mario Williams, Andre Johnson and DeMeco Ryans, all of whom are stars, among others. He'd be a great choice as the "football czar" if the Bills don't hire a Shanahan or a Cowher.

Well, he was trying to build an expansion team from the ground up, which is extremely difficult. Casserly laid a good amount of the foundation in Houston by bringing in Mario Williams, Andre Johnson and DeMeco Ryans, all of whom are stars, among others. He'd be a great choice as the "football czar" if the Bills don't hire a Shanahan or a Cowher.

Something I like about Casserly is that he made decisions that were not popular at the time, and may actually have been fired because of it. Think back about how he stood alone on an island about his Mario Williams pick instead of Reggie Bush. Casserly was lambasted for that pick by virtually everyone and anyone that had anything to do with football. 4 or 5 years later, he was spot on as Williams turned into a force and Bush has been just another player in the league.

Something I like about Casserly is that he made decisions that were not popular at the time, and may actually have been fired because of it. Think back about how he stood alone on an island about his Mario Williams pick instead of Reggie Bush. Casserly was lambasted for that pick by virtually everyone and anyone that had anything to do with football. 4 or 5 years later, he was spot on as Williams turned into a force and Bush has been just another player in the league.

Exactly. And I think it was that decision which ultimately led to Casserly's ouster, despite the fact he was correct.

Casserly took over a Redskin superbowl team from Bobby Bethard and slowly turned it into a bad team. Keep in mind before Casserly stepped in the Redskins were a consistant playoff team and superbowl contender. I was living in DC during this period. The whole town was glad to see him go. Casserly is a good football analyst but don't be fooled. If we bring a proven loser like him in, it wouldn't be long before we refer to the Dick Jauron era as the "good ole days".