Why start Fitzpatrick?

It doesn't matter who starts. The line is a mess. Payton Manning would look stupid behind this line.

Are you serious?

Good quarterbacks find a way to get it done...I am so sick of excuses for these below average QBs that we have. I have heard the same excuses for the last 10 years!! Our Quarterbacks stink!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of the check downs are the result of our QB getting his a$$ kicked behind one of the weakest lines in the NFL?

Would you guys rather that he throw it up for grabs so that you can complain about INTs?

As an aside, it is clear to me that Evans and Owens have decided to blame TE. I think that with Evans, part of it is personal given his relationship with JP. As for Owens, I had been a defender until I saw that he made absolutely no effort on the pass thrown to him immediately before the pick six. There is clearly something going on with him. He is a great player, but he does have a lot of dropped balls and chooses plays to take off.

In the end, I am on record regarding our line. I think Trent can be a very good QB in this league. I have no vested interest in him per se, I just want my team to succeed in this league. Unless and until the Bills stop kidding themselves about our piss poor line, it does not make any difference who our QB and other skill players are.

Sorry but Fitz did not get his butt kicked regularly "...behind one of the weakest lines in the NFL..." He rolled out, threw some, (I'm being generous here), off target passes, but kept trying to move the ball down the field. TE's, (not a bad person mind you), doesn't have that quick read and decision making ability. He reminds me of Tom Cruise in Top Gun, " ...nah it's no good, I'm breaking off..." attitude.

You have over 15 million dollars invested in two WR's, who have the ability to score multiple TD's per game and they get little if anything from TE. Not blaming him completely but it seemed pretty evident to me last game that somebody said, do not check down, throw the damned ball to a wide out. In a self fulfilling prophesy, he threw two ducks and finally the pick six. See what happens when you force me to throw when I'm not comfy??!!!

As for your last statement, A. Rogers from Green Bay has been consistently sacked, and is on track to be sacked for a record this year due to his OL, but he seems to find ways to get rid of the ball or throw to the receiver enough that they are winning.

You can continue to make excuses for TE if you like, but honestly you are beginning to sound like a JP apologist at this point.

Guest dog14787
Why is he not starting?

T.O. has securely strapped TE under the bus and is now driving the bus.

T.O. probably figures Fitz has less chance of bouncing balls off his fat head.

Sorry but Fitz did not get his butt kicked regularly "...behind one of the weakest lines in the NFL..." He rolled out threw some, (I'm beeing generous here), off target passes, but kept trying to move the ball down the field. TE's, (not a bad person mind you), doesn't have that quick read and decision making ability. He reminds me of Tom Cruise in Top Gun, " nahh it's no good, I'm breaking off..." attitude.

You have over 15 million dollars invested in two WR's, who have the ability to score multiple TD's per game and they get little if anything from TE's. Not blaming him completely but it seemed pretty evident to me last game that somebody said, do not check down, throw the damned ball to a wide out. In a self fulfilling prophesy, he threw two ducks and finally the pick six. See what happens when you force me to throw when I'm not comfy??!!!

As for your last statement, A. Rogers from Green Bay has been consistently sacked, and is on track to be sacked for a record this year due to his OL, seems to find ways to get rid of the ball or throw to the receiver enough that they are winning.

You can continu to make excuses for TE if you like, but honestly you are beginning to sound like a JP apologist at this point.

Trent Edwards yards per attempt - 6.5

Ryan Fitzpatrick yards per attempt - 4.7

As for Rodgers, I wish we had never traded for JP. Rodgers would have been available to us in the next draft. Of course, Rodgers has had the luxury of developing and watching the game until he started in his fourth season.

I like Rodgers. Yet, the fact remains, we are not doing our QB (whether Trent or anyone else) any favors by repeatedly assembling piss poor offensive lines. I stand by my statement that Trent can be a very good QB in this league (whether for us or some other team). We shall see. I just want the Bills to stop fooling themselves about our line. They are doing a disservice to the fans, our QBs, and our other skill position players. Our team will not succeed until we learn this lesson -- which I thought we would have learned by now.

As for Rodgers, I wish we had never traded for JP. Rodgers would have been available to us in the next draft. Of course, Rodgers has had the luxury of developing and watching the game until he started in his fourth season.

I like Rodgers. Yet, the fact remains, we are not doing our QB (whether Trent or anyone else) any favors by repeatedly assembling piss poor offensive lines. I stand by my statement that Trent can be a very good QB in this league (whether for us or some other team). We shall see. I just want the Bills to stop fooling themselves about our line. They are doing a disservice to the fans, our QBs, and our other skill position players. Our team will not succeed until we learn this lesson -- which I thought we would have learned by now.

Fair enough, I was not trying to stand up for our OL, they suck but their young. I was just trying to point out that I disagree on your point about TE. When you have an OL that can't protect consistently the QB has to have a plan and move accordingly. TE doesn't seem to be able to do that, Fitz does.

I have never had much confidence in TE and I am curious about his last series on Sunday last. Fitz is not the answer for the Bills but a QB that will not, or cannot, execute has to sit. When the receivers and the Coaching staff seem to be in agreement, it's time to face reality.

Cheers :w00t:

Guest dog14787

The goings been pretty tough here lately Peter, but as do I my friend, as do I.

Behind an experienced and properly qualified HC, coaching staff and FO Trent Edwards can and will succeed, especially if its someone like Mike Shanahan that can open up the pass with a run game that's almost unstoppable.

The goings been pretty tough here lately Peter, but as do I my friend, as do I.

Behind an experienced and properly qualified HC, coaching staff and FO Trent Edwards can and will succeed, especially if its someone like Mike Shanahan that can open up the pass with a run game that's almost unstoppable.

TE is done, let's move on!!