The Bills are a great NFL experiment

zow2

This is exactly what happens when backup players are starting for an NFL team. They can hang in there for 1/2 or 3/4 of the game and then just get outclassed in crunch time.

I mean really...how many Bills that played today are truly high quality starters in the NFL? Byrd of course and a couple other DB's..Schoebel, Stroud? Poz? I'd say Lee Evans, Josh Reed is a real pro and maybe JAckson or Lynch (but they are not producing much better than role players). Trent and Fitz are clearly backup players and the rest of the team are too young or journeyman quality.

This is exactly what happens when backup players are starting for an NFL team. They can hang in there for 1/2 or 3/4 of the game and then just get outclassed in crunch time.

I mean really...how many Bills that played today are truly high quality starters in the NFL? Byrd of course and a couple other DB's..Schoebel, Stroud? Poz? I'd say Lee Evans, Josh Reed is a real pro and maybe JAckson or Lynch (but they are not producing much better than role players). Trent and Fitz are clearly backup players and the rest of the team are too young or journeyman quality.

You forgot that our free agents strategy has been sign other teams backups/cast offs for 10 years while letting our good/probowl players leave.

I think we have some good players who with the right coaches could at least succeed at or near a .500 level. Look at how far Lynch has fallen since being coached here. Also, our injuries for the last 3 seasons point to some serious problems in the strength and conditioning dept coupled with complete inattention to compiling a sufficient line.

Our coaches dim the lights on potentially good players.