A good example of Drew's shortcomings

Rubes

I was thinking about this earlier but never posted it...

When Drew threw that first INT against the Pats I didn't think too much of it at first. It looked as though he was throwing it under pressure, got a little air under it, and the defender made a great catch. The ball was deep in their end, so yeah, it was like a punt in that respect. An unfortunate turn of events, for sure, but not necessarily another complete Drew brain malfunction.

But then ESPN showed a great camera angle that really told the true story. It was the camera they had hanging down over the field, behind Drew.

Drew started off looking to his left; Moulds was not his first (or maybe even second) receiver. When Drew saw nothing open to the left, he turned to look right. Of course, now the pass rush is starting to get close. I'm not sure what exactly was going on in his head (insert rude joke here), but my guess is that he decided to throw it to Moulds long before anything he saw with his eyes could register in his head. What he should have seen is Moulds double covered. And not just double covered, but double covered and breaking toward the middle. Drew planted and chucked the ball, and you could tell from the camera shot that he threw it way too far and way off target, over his head and behind him, without leading him toward the middle of the field. Moulds never had a shot at it.

That camera shot told me this: that throw was nothing but pure panic.

I've had enough.

When Drew threw that first INT against the Pats I didn't think too much of it at first. It looked as though he was throwing it under pressure, got a little air under it, and the defender made a great catch. The ball was deep in their end, so yeah, it was like a punt in that respect. An unfortunate turn of events, for sure, but not necessarily another complete Drew brain malfunction.

But then ESPN showed a great camera angle that really told the true story. It was the camera they had hanging down over the field, behind Drew.

Drew started off looking to his left; Moulds was not his first (or maybe even second) receiver. When Drew saw nothing open to the left, he turned to look right. Of course, now the pass rush is starting to get close. I'm not sure what exactly was going on in his head (insert rude joke here), but my guess is that he decided to throw it to Moulds long before anything he saw with his eyes could register in his head. What he should have seen is Moulds double covered. And not just double covered, but double covered and breaking toward the middle. Drew planted and chucked the ball, and you could tell from the camera shot that he threw it way too far and way off target, over his head and behind him, without leading him toward the middle of the field. Moulds never had a shot at it.

I've had enough.

121173[/snapback]

I could be wrong, but I think I saw a WR break open in the middle of the field on that play as well...Typical Bledsoe Road Game decision...

I've had enough as well...Then again I had enough after last season, but I guess that's splitting hairs... :doh:

I've had enough.

121173[/snapback]

Nobody has mentioned this. . . Joe Theisman CONTINUALLY pointed out that DB was throwing flat footed or off his back foot, and getting NOTHING on his passes. This is ridiculous for a 12 year vet to STILL have issues with basic mechanics. It was like Joe T. was tutoring a grade-school QB with his comments.

I thought MM, Clements, and Wyche were going to "fix" DB? Can't these guys see what a guy in the booth can see. More importantly, why is DB fundamentally so unsound after all these years? A total joke, any way you slice this rotten apple.

Nobody has mentioned this. . . Joe Theisman CONTINUALLY pointed out that DB was throwing flat footed or off his back foot, and getting NOTHING on his passes. This is ridiculous for a 12 year vet to STILL have issues with basic mechanics.

I thought MM, Clements, and Wyche were going to "fix" DB? Can't these guys see what a guy in the booth can see. More importantly, why is DB fundamentally so unsound after all these years? A total joke, any way you slice this rotten apple.

121185[/snapback]

I blame the OL .

Nobody has mentioned this. . . Joe Theisman CONTINUALLY pointed out that DB was throwing flat footed or off his back foot, and getting NOTHING on his passes. This is ridiculous for a 12 year vet to STILL have issues with basic mechanics. It was like Joe T. was tutoring a grade-school QB with his comments.

121185[/snapback]

You can lead a horse to water...