Bob Sanders

JPicc2114

Is it just me.. or is Bob Sanders the most injury prone player you have ever seen?? I think he makes Trent Edwards look like Brett Favre.

I just saw on SC that he is out for the season.

again....

And the Colts are undefeated without one of their best players almost all this year.

Coaching?

Is it just me.. or is Bob Sanders the most injury prone player you have ever seen?? I think he makes Trent Edwards look like Brett Favre.

again....

It's sad. Sanders is one of the best. Being a star in the NFL starts with ability but is dependent upon health.

When a player misses 49 games in six years, it's time to really start examining whether or not he's worth it. Don't get me wrong, Bob Sanders is a gamechanger and an elite safety. He has as big of an effect on a defense as anybody. How can you rely on him, though? He has missed more than half of the games in his career.

Would you rather have an elite player for half the year or an average player for most of the year?

I think the average player who stays on the field is a better option. The Colts have to try and replace this guy every season and he is rarely healthy for the second half.

again....

I was thinking the exact same thing. The guy is AFLAC's worst nightmare.

Heard an interview with Polian last year and he was asked about Bob Sanders. He said something to the effect that many teams shied away from him going into the draft because there were concerns he might be injury-prone due to being undersized (5'8", 195).

In six NFL seasons, he has yet to play in all 16 games. He's played in 47 of a possible 88 regular season games.