Buh-bye Tommy??

RJsackedagain

Keep up your bitching, and while you're doing so, realize that the Bills have the cheapest ticket, concessions, and parking in the entire league. I think TD has assembled a damn fine team and managed the cap better than any GM in the league. I hope the bandwagon runs all of you over as you keep jumping off.

Bandwagon huh? I've rooted for the same team for 27 years --where am I going?????

Your boy has had four years to produce in this town and he's NOT getting the job done!!!!!

Why don't you go back to Viking land!

the Bills will make the playoffs before Donahoe is fired.  The team isn't so great on the field right now, but it is doing blockbusters in tickets and the salary structure is under control.

120194[/snapback]

Yeah, and how many fans do you think are going to renew their seasons next year?

Donabloe can't figure out that it all starts with the lines. He continually pumped money into skill positions while almost entirely ignoring the OL. What sort of a moron can be considered a good GM without understanding the importance of solid line play!

Season tickets might be down some, that's true.

What team are you watching?

Williams, Teague and Villarial are 3 of 5 brought in under Donahoe.

Adams and resigned Schobel, Edwards is playing decently. Tim Anderson drafted.

Your argument doesn't hold water. donahoe has addressed the lines. It is up to the players to play though.

Yeah, and how many fans do you think are going to renew their seasons next year? 

Donabloe can't figure out that it all starts with the lines.  He continually pumped money into skill positions while almost entirely ignoring the OL.  What sort of a moron can be considered a good GM without understanding the importance of solid line play!

121186[/snapback]

Stong defense?? Well smith and Hanson have since retired. Washington seems about on his last leg. Sam Cowlert has never been the same since he was hurt. Winfield was one good defensive player that has left, but who else did he rip apart on the defensive side that went on to bigger and better things since leaving the Bills? the Bills were an old defense that was stuck toget using glue and paper clips. It worked, but seems I recall in Wade and JB's last year the defense wasn't doing too good anymore either.

He comes here and rips apart a strong defense, replaces

120857[/snapback]

Yeah it sucks that he built a top 5 defense here.  That blows.

He built a defense that excels against crappy offenses

It sucks that he's built one of the best special teams units in the league.  Again, how can we watch this crap?

A GM/President has the least impact on Special teams (compared to offense and defense). Kudos to a Moorman extension, but a sixth grader knew we had a hell of a punter.

I can't stand that he nabbed the Bills a franchise back at the bottom of the first round.  The nerve of that idiot.

Good point, but he has taken a quality back (Henry), who we spent a second round pick on and is going to get very little value in return. Also, let's wait a little while until we are assured that McGahee is a franchise back.

Signing a DT like Sam Adams, horrible.  Takeo Spikes, awful.  Lawyer Milloy, what a joke.

Adams... good, Spikes... generally great.... Milloy... I think he is close to over the hill (I hope I am wrong)

Using high picks and free agents to fill the Oline.  Idiotic.  The Pats don't have any of those on their offensive line, and they won the SB.

Yeah, but it is who you sign... it doesn't matter where they come from

Trading for a QB that set the franchise passing record.  Moron.

Not worth arguing

Know who else sucks?  Jim Kelly.  The Bills had two losing seasons his first two years as QB.  I can't believe we didn't run that bum out of town!

120762[/snapback]

Sam Cowlert has never been the same since he was hurt.

Who's Cowlert? never heard of him before.

Yeah, you're right the defense is wonderful now. I enjoyed their performance in the final minutes against the Jags and they looked great on national TV against the Patriots last Sunday. Oh yeah, and how about that strong finish against the Jets in Jersey last month???

In four years TD has been here this team is not any better ....just look at the win column, that's all the matters!!!!!

I have a very simple solution to a very big problem.....

Fire Tom Donohoe and hire Scott Pioli as President and GM of the Bills. It accomplishes two very important things, hire a top notch talent evaluator and weakens a division opponent. Pretty good huh!!

I have a very simple solution to a very big problem.....

Fire Tom Donohoe and hire Scott Pioli as President and GM of the Bills.  It accomplishes two very important things, hire a top notch talent evaluator and weakens a division opponent.  Pretty good huh!!

121941[/snapback]

That is pretty good, but can you see Captain Ego actually doing something like that?

Yeah it sucks that he built a top 5 defense here.  That blows.

It sucks that he's built one of the best special teams units in the league.  Again, how can we watch this crap?

120762[/snapback]

So why is the team with a top 5 defense and one of the best special teams 3-6? Even if the offense were bottom 5, you'ld think .500...

Could it be that our defensive stats only look so good the past few years because teams play us so conservatively? And that we are actually mediocre defensively?

I don't know how you could tell, short of considering only what the defense does when the other team has to move the ball (ie gives up the big plays). Or when it was exactly that the defense statistically 'got good' (ie right after the offense went impotent).

You are what you are in the NFL. And you should be judged by what you are in the NFL.

Right now, our esteemed GM is a pathetic 20-37 as our chief bottle washer. He took over an 8-8 team and, finishing up his 4th year on the job, it's very apparent that things haven't gotten any better around these parts. In fact, things quite possibly will end up worse by the end of this embarassing season if we don't win 8 games.

In 3 years on the job our esteemed GM has guided our team to a 3 win season, an 8 win season followed by a 6 win season last year. We'll have to win 6 of the next 7 games this year to equal the 8 wins this team won the season prior to Donahoe taking over. And sure as the sun will rise and set tommorrow that aint gonna happen.

Any sensible and objective person who looks at these results can't possibly say that Donahoe has done a good job here. The man has been pathetic!

That's why Tice has said he's the best offseason addition he has EVER made????

I tend to think Mike Tice knows more about football than us.

I refuse to blame an 85 year old man for the struggles of this football team. Yes, he made the hiring decision. But, the personnel decisions are made by TD. TD is the one to blame therefore he should be replaced.

As much as you guys love Takeo....when has he ever played on a winning team???? I'd take Teddy Bruschi in a second over Takeo.

Fire Tom Donohoe and hire Scott Pioli as President and GM of the Bills. It accomplishes two very important things, hire a top notch talent evaluator and weakens a division opponent. Pretty good huh!!

Nice thought but there's no way Pioli is coming to Buffalo ----there's too many teams with deeper pockets that would land him first .. ex. Miami

While we are on the ship SS Myopic maybe the dolphins would take Tommy D and Buffalo Billy for their No. 1 this year ---you can even throw in Bledsoe

Nice thought but there's no way Pioli is coming to Buffalo ----there's too many teams with deeper pockets that would land him first .. ex. Miami

While we are on the ship SS Myopic maybe the dolphins would take Tommy D and Buffalo Billy for their No. 1 this year ---you can even throw in Bledsoe

But the cupboard isn't as bad in Buff as Miami, and we would probably give him the Pres and GM role. I think this could be one of Ralph's last major hires and he'll go for broke just trying to win a SB.