Buh-bye Tommy??

RJsackedagain

Instead of wasting time second guessing who should be the QB, I think the Bills' biggest problem starts at the top ---Tom Donahoe!

Has this guy done anything well since arriving here?

Let's review:

1. Hires Gregg "I invented football" Williams

2. Signs London "I'm good at dumb penalties" Fletcher

3. Makes a further mess with the team's QB problems (Anyone else yearn for the days of Kelly, Reich and Gilbert?)

4. Wastes a No. 1 pick on that fat slob Mike "Pass the Doritos" Williams and collects more junk on the line every year. Someone please tell me how the Bills' o-line is not endorsed by the EZ Pass.

5. Brings in Brian Moorman (OK, he got this one right but I don't hear many fans brag about having one of the top punters in the game)

6. Speaking of kickers, Rian Lindell has been a really find huh Tom?

7. The Bills new road uniforms ---and I thoguht the Titans' were bad.

8. Traded for Bledsoe (the guy had 8 good games in Buffalo and then suddenly turned into a hybrid Rob Johnson/Todd Collins)

9. Speaking of lines, will the Bills ever have another DE that can rush the passer???

10. Rips the fans and media in Buffalo for being unfair to his players and coaches

Please Mr. Wilson fire this guy already!!!!!

Tom Donablow has done some good and he's done some bad for this team.

Bottom line is, there is more bad than good out there. He has been unsuccessful as a GM and has had his chance to build a team.

I am tired of waiting around, get this ass clown out of Buffalo and bring in someone with some real football sense.

What is it with Buffalo sports lately and the inability to hire an effective GM with some sense about building a winning team?? :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

the Bills will make the playoffs before Donahoe is fired. The team isn't so great on the field right now, but it is doing blockbusters in tickets and the salary structure is under control.

the Bills will make the playoffs before Donahoe is fired. The team isn't so great on the field right now, but it is doing blockbusters in tickets and the salary structure is under control.

Do you work for the Bills there dude? Sounds like something PR man Scott Berchtold would try to spin. Not sure if you go to the games, but at the Pats contest there were like 30,000 Pats fans. I'm sure Steelers and Browns fans will be out in masses at the end of the season ---Pitt always travels well.

Yeah it sucks that he built a top 5 defense here. That blows.

It sucks that he's built one of the best special teams units in the league. Again, how can we watch this crap?

I can't stand that he nabbed the Bills a franchise back at the bottom of the first round. The nerve of that idiot.

Signing a DT like Sam Adams, horrible. Takeo Spikes, awful. Lawyer Milloy, what a joke.

Using high picks and free agents to fill the Oline. Idiotic. The Pats don't have any of those on their offensive line, and they won the SB.

Trading for a QB that set the franchise passing record. Moron.

Know who else sucks? Jim Kelly. The Bills had two losing seasons his first two years as QB. I can't believe we didn't run that bum out of town!

So here we are again, and again we can make this very simple.

If we're so desperate to blame someone for this season, why stop at Donahoe?

Who hired Donahoe? Wilson.

Who allowed Donahoe to hire Drew? And Williams? And Gillbride? Wilson.

Who allowed Donahoe to move forward with ALL of his decisions? Wilson.

Wanna blame someone, blame the owner. If anyone needs to go, it's Ralph. As an owner he's done nothing but deliver us mediocre team after mediocre team.

Ohhhh, but we don't wanna blame Wilson because we're so goddam busy signing petitions to get this old fug into the Hall of Fame when he's done nothing but deliver one piece of crap product after another.

Get real, people. The problem is Wilson and the sooner he's no longer the owner of this team, the sooner we'll have a winning team on our hands.

Yeah it sucks that he built a top 5 defense here.  That blows.

120762[/snapback]

I agree, since we had a top three defense that actually stopped

people that was torn apart prior to TD era.

:unsure:

Instead of wasting time second guessing who should be the QB, I think the Bills' biggest problem starts at the top ---Tom Donahoe!

Has this guy done anything well since arriving here?

Let's review:

1. Hires Gregg "I invented football" Williams

2. Signs London "I'm good at dumb penalties" Fletcher

3. Makes a further mess with the team's QB problems (Anyone else yearn for the days of Kelly, Reich and Gilbert?)

4. Wastes a No. 1 pick on that fat slob Mike "Pass the Doritos" Williams and collects more junk on the line every year. Someone please tell me how the Bills' o-line is not endorsed by the EZ Pass.

5. Brings in Brian Moorman (OK, he got this one right but I don't hear many fans brag about having one of the top punters in the game)

6. Speaking of kickers, Rian Lindell has been a really find huh Tom?

7. The Bills new road uniforms ---and I thoguht the Titans' were bad.

8.  Traded for Bledsoe (the guy had 8 good games in Buffalo and then suddenly turned into a hybrid Rob Johnson/Todd Collins)

9. Speaking of lines, will the Bills ever have another DE that can rush the passer???

10. Rips the fans and media in Buffalo for being unfair to his players and coaches

Please Mr. Wilson fire this guy already!!!!!

120150[/snapback]

I think 2 and 5 were good things that he's done, and #4 is not out of the question yet. However, his overall record as the Buffalo Bills general manager speaks volume.

Get real, people. The problem is Wilson and the sooner he's no longer the owner of this team, the sooner we'll have a winning team on our hands.

If Wilson goes do you think the team will stay in Buffalo????

Perhaps if you check your Bills history you will see Ralph was the owner when they went to 4 Super Bowls ??? He was also the owner when they drafted Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, etc. I think he was maybe involved a little i the hiring of Polian and Levy, etc.

Tommy D was part of one super bowl team in Pittsburgh and the Steelers are better with him gone. He comes here and rips apart a strong defense, replaces bad QBs with more bad QBs and the Bills stink.

If Wilson goes do you think the team will stay in Buffalo????

Perhaps if you check your Bills history you will see Ralph was the owner when they went to 4 Super Bowls ??? He was also the owner when they drafted Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, etc. I think he was maybe involved a little i the hiring of Polian and Levy, etc.

Tommy D was part of one super bowl team in Pittsburgh and the Steelers are better with him gone. He comes here and rips apart a strong defense, replaces bad QBs with more bad QBs and the Bills stink.

120857[/snapback]

Man I love revisionist history. Nothing better than wistfully remembering things the way you want to.

Guest Guest_turftoe_*

Donahoe isn't perfect. He has made a lot of good moves and a couple blunders. Bledsoe was a mistake, but hindsight is always 20/20. I think the longer we hold on to Bledsoe the further it will set us back. It was painful watching one guy play so poorly and seal the fate for the whole team. The defense is solid. Special teams are also solid. Mckee is inexperienced and it has shown the past couple weeks. I remember on draft day hoping the Bills would trade up to get Rothlisburger but I guess Houston really wanted a CB. Maybe Losman will pan out. I just hope they are willing to except the fact that New England and Belichick scored big at our expense and move on without Bledsoe.

So here we are again, and again we can make this very simple.

If we're so desperate to blame someone for this season, why stop at Donahoe?

Who hired Donahoe? Wilson.

Who allowed Donahoe to hire Drew? And Williams? And Gillbride? Wilson.

Who allowed Donahoe to move forward with ALL of his decisions? Wilson.

Wanna blame someone, blame the owner. If anyone needs to go, it's Ralph. As an owner he's done nothing but deliver us mediocre team after mediocre team.

Ohhhh, but we don't wanna blame Wilson because we're so goddam busy signing petitions to get this old fug into the Hall of Fame when he's done nothing but deliver one piece of crap product after another.

120785[/snapback]

Now Paco, don't blame good old ralph. He is GOD here. 'If not for ralph this' 'If not for ralph that'. Ralph walks on water.

BULL stevestojan!

I agree it's time for him to sell to a younger owner. Not a danny S in Washington, but a younger owner who is more agressive and more in touch with TODAYS NFL.

We can argue about specific moves, but TD's record is really the only objective measure of performance. After four years, a clean slate and a number of drafts, we should be enjoying some success. We are not, and for that TD must take responsibility.

Nope I don't work for the Bills. But facts are facts. The franchise is relatively healthy, probably as healthy as it will ever be. TD has conquered one side of the ball (supposedly at least) and is about 50-50 on his moves. RW made Donahoe the most powerful GM ever. That didn't come lightly or easily. Don't expect it to go away lightly or easily either.

It doesn't matter whose butt is in the seat. It matters that there is a butt in the seat. By far the biggest mistake made with the franchise over the last few years was RW's insistence that the Bills stay in a division with NE, Miami, NYJ. Had RW got the Bills into a division with Cleveland and Pittsburgh the Bills would have had sellouts for years.

Players will come and go. The salary cap assures that. Teams can now be built in 2 years or less. With all the power and trust RW placed in TD, the Bills will make the playoffs before Donahoe is fired.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you work for the Bills there dude? Sounds like something PR man Scott Berchtold would try to spin. Not sure if you go to the games, but at the Pats contest there were like 30,000 Pats fans. I'm sure Steelers and Browns fans will be out in masses at the end of the season ---Pitt always travels well.

120711[/snapback]

Now Paco, don't blame good old ralph. He is GOD here. 'If not for ralph this'  'If not for ralph that'.  Ralph walks on water.

BULL stevestojan!

I agree it's time for him to sell to a younger owner. Not a danny S in Washington, but a younger owner who is more agressive and more in touch with TODAYS NFL.

121036[/snapback]

I don't want some chucklehead like Danny Snyder. He's stupid enough to hire all the blue hairs, it's no wonder his team sucks. We need an owner with forward thinking. Like you said: TODAY'S NFL. You can build a winner. You just need someone who knows how. It's not popular thinking, but the reality is simply that Ralph has not built a winner. He gets a free pass because he's old and the last owner from the good old days.

The only way to fix this problem is to fix it at the root.

Blame Bledsoe. Blame Mularkey. Blame Donahoe.

Bottom line, Ice. Blame Wilson.

If this were a regular corporation in terms of revenues, people under employ, etc., EVERYONE would blame the owner for sucking for so long. But oohhh, we're so afraid because he's the golden idol.

It's time to move on. A good owner could keep this team in Buffalo, build a championship team...and make a mint doing it.

Ok I read the first post and that's all I could take, so I repeat anything I'm sorry. I agree with some points but what about bringing in Takeo Spikes that was a very good move, also allowing Winfield to go and not spending the money on him was also a great move. Also the tag and trade of Price was a great move...How many 100 yard games has he had in Atlanta? So if you want to blame him for the bad, make sure you praise him for the good.

Are you sure about Winfield leaving being a good move? Vincent has barely played and McGee has talent as a return guy, but has been toast as a cover guy. Winfield is one of the best tacklers in the NFL and I don't recall too many gripes about his cover skills in Buffalo --the only knock on him was a lack of picks.

The bottom line is Tommy D. has been here for almost four years and the Bills are not a better team. They had a top-notch defense before he even got here, he riped it apart and assembled another good D --I'm supposed to praise him for redoing a unit that wasn't broken in the first place?

Before he got here the Bills were a playoff team, maybe not a great playoff team, but they still had something to play for in late December/January. TD has remade the roster and where are they now -----3-6 and home for the postseason again.

As far as the offense, well the running backs and receivers were also good before TD arrived, and Evans apears to be an upgrade over Price, though, he's only a rookie.

But what about the o-line and QB situation ---are they any better after four years of Tommy D????????

The salary cap is the only thing that appears to be better.

The bottom line in this league is wins ....and there's just not been enough of them since he's been here!!!!!

Guest knowledge is power
Are you sure about Winfield leaving being a good move? Vincent has barely played and McGee has talent as a return guy, but has been toast as a cover guy. Winfield is one of the best tacklers in the NFL and I don't recall too many gripes about his cover skills in Buffalo --the only knock on him was a lack of picks.

The bottom line is Tommy D. has been here for almost four years and the Bills are not a better team. They had a top-notch defense before he even got here, he riped it apart and assembled another good D --I'm supposed to praise him for redoing a unit that wasn't broken in the first place?

Before he got here the Bills were a playoff team, maybe not a great playoff team, but they still had something to play for in late December/January. TD has remade the roster and where are they now -----3-6 and home for the postseason again.

As far as the offense, well the running backs and receivers were also good before TD arrived, and Evans apears to be an upgrade over Price, though, he's only a rookie.

But what about the o-line and QB situation ---are they any better after four years of Tommy D????????

The salary cap is the only thing that appears to be better.

The bottom line in this league is wins ....and there's just not been enough of them since he's been here!!!!!

121099[/snapback]

Winfield has played terrible. As a former resident of Minneapolis, I've watched every Vikings' game this year, and can honestly say I don't miss him.

Keep up your bitching, and while you're doing so, realize that the Bills have the cheapest ticket, concessions, and parking in the entire league. I think TD has assembled a damn fine team and managed the cap better than any GM in the league. I hope the bandwagon runs all of you over as you keep jumping off.