Runyan: I got no feedback at all from Buffalo

Magox deftly answered this part.

No, he didn't. He used his own assumptions about Shanahan's situation to say it was a "terrible example". He is making other assumptions about Runyan. In other words, based on his assumptions (and no evidence) about the different situations, he believes there is interest in an expensive coach that doesn't have a job and there is no interest in an expensive player that doesn't have a job. (Magox is pushing potential over performance.)

Seems like they're thinking he sucks now and isn't worth signing. So what's your beef with the Bills not signing him?

Simple logic proves that this is faulty argument as I said above. You can't prove something from a negative. Nice try, but there are, like it or not, other reasons to explain the situation other than "he sucks". Really, the basis of your argument is that because a group of people may think something, then that must be true. Was the entire NFL right about James Harrison? Was everyone right when they passed over Tom Brady 5 or more times?

The exact same argument was used on this board with Langston Walker and Walker was picked up by the Raiders a couple weeks ago. Does that mean the argument is a good one to you? :doh:

Under this same argument, we must assume that Chris Draft is a superior will in the Tampa-2 defense to Derrick Brooks. :worthy:

All I have said all along is that I don't know why Runyan isn't playing in the NFL this year. He was an excellent player. I know he was injured. I know he says he is ready to go and his doctors cleared him to play. I know the Bills brought him in for a try out (so that pops the balloon that "no one" has any interest in him right there). So far, every team shopping for a RT has chosen to go in another direction. There are many plausible reasons and I have stated a few such numerous times already.

The truth is that some people want to believe Runyan sucks (that he is neither injured nor that salary is any sort of an issue) so that they can suspend thought and simply believe that the Bills are making brilliant decisions. Because, if Runyan or some other player off the street was a immediate, huge upgrade to the Bills football team then that would show that the Bills have made another mistake.

I happen to think the Bills have made mistakes and thus granting them a pass of infallibility is seriously suspect.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic