How much would Bell have to improve?

billsfan89

The main feature of most Right Tackles is brute strength. Left Tackles are the ones who need to be agile. Bell is agile, but he gets tossed around on pass plays. He looks good on runs when he gets in space but he doesn't appear strong enough to hold off pass rushers.

Peters was stronger than Bell when he was a tight end. He is a very stong player. Bell simply is not. He would never project to RT so this is a moot point imo.

It was unrealistic of the Bills org. to expect Bell to excel at one of the toughest positions to play in any sport.

The point was that even Jason Peters didn't have to inherit the LT job as a guy with no experience in the league. Peters got the hang of playing in the NFL before he was asked to protect the blindside of the QB. Bell was a guy who didn't even get a real chance to wet his feet before being thrown into the fire of the second most important position on the offensive side of the ball.

Was Bell a second year guy with no starts in the league and a guy who didn't even have the benefit of preparing for the season as the starter (As well as dealing with an injury in the beginning of pre-season) going to do well? The guy wasn't going to be good but if he ends the season as functional at LT then that is a player who I want to see what his full potential is

such disregard we drafted 2 last year and signed one in FA? and actually signed an above center? The times i've been able to re-watch film hangartner has been significantly better than any bills center in 5 years. he's not great or flashy, but he holds his own against some pretty good DTs. I was actually impressed John Guy scouted him... which means it must have been someone else.

this year we will go for DT/OT/LB in draft and free agency if brandon has his way (imo).

sure they added 3 guys to the OL - good moves

at the same time they cut 3 NFL caliber starters and saved $15 mil leaving gaping holes at both tackles.

If they had a clue, they would have builit around their pro bowl LT and not the son of a wellknown NBA player.

they do just enough to keep the fans banboozled, but not enough to actually build a winner

at the same time they cut 3 NFL caliber starters and saved $15 mil leaving gaping holes at both tackles.

If they had a clue, they would have builit around their pro bowl LT and not the son of a wellknown NBA player.

they do just enough to keep the fans banboozled, but not enough to actually build a winner

Yeah build around a guy who already let them know he didnt want to play for them, and wouldnt resign when contract was up. That makes sense.

If we paid Peters what he wanted and built this team around him, we would still have Bell playing left tackle.

Since he got his money, Peters showed little will to better himself. Right now, he is injured again.

I believe a lot of people would be mad that we paid this huge ransom to Peters, built a team around him, and he is not even playing. Hmmm. Doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

Bell may be below average LT currently, but he could start for some other teams. Namely, Arizona. I'd rather have Bell than Gandy. Remember, Bell is extremely raw. He was supposed to be on the practice roster this years, originally.