Where do we go from here?

1. Ralph needs to make a public announcement ripping on his team. It will let us die-hard fans feel better knowing that at least the organization is as angry and frustrated as we are.

2. Ralph needs to promote Modrak to GM and leave Teflon as President of Operations immediately. This move will not only reinforce my point #1 but also preserve some continuity for the franchise (and even Teflon's biggest haters will admit that he's done an outstanding marketing job).

3. Move Vincent to FS ASAP and let McGee get nearly a full season of reps at CB. Neither Reese nor Prioleau nor Baker nor Wire are our answers to FS. We know that by now, so let's give Vincent his due shot. As for CB, depending on McGee's performance improvement, we'll know by late December to either just go draft or instead try free agency at this position.

4. JP needs to start ASAP, preferably the home Rams game but no later than the home Browns game. Drew needs to be told that unless he agrees to further restructure his contract to second string money, then he will be cut on June 1, 2005.

5. Lawrence Smith should be cut this week. He's worse than Pukecillo. Yeah that's right - I said it. Tucker takes Smith's place for the remainder of the season, with reps going to Bannan and Pukecillo to see if they stay as backups next year.

6. Henry needs to start at HB, McGahee at FB, and let them receive an approximately equal amount of carries. I think we all owe Henry an apology, since it's obvious that the latest OL shuffling has played a huge part in his sudden decline in 2004.

Thoughts?

1. Ralph needs to make a public announcement ripping on his team. It will let us die-hard fans feel better knowing that at least the organization is as angry and frustrated as we are.

2. Ralph needs to promote Modrak to GM and leave Teflon as President of Operations immediately. This move will not only reinforce my point #1 but also preserve some continuity for the franchise (and even Teflon's biggest haters will admit that he's done an outstanding marketing job).

3. Move Vincent to FS ASAP and let McGee get nearly a full season of reps at CB. Neither Reese nor Prioleau nor Baker nor Wire are our answers to FS. We know that by now, so let's give Vincent his due shot. As for CB, depending on McGee's performance improvement, we'll know by late December to either just go draft or instead try free agency at this position.

4. JP needs to start ASAP, preferably the home Rams game but no later than the home Browns game. Drew needs to be told that unless he agrees to further restructure his contract to second string money, then he will be cut on June 1, 2005.

5. Lawrence Smith should be cut this week. He's worse than Pukecillo. Yeah that's right - I said it. Tucker takes Smith's place for the remainder of the season, with reps going to Bannan and Pukecillo to see if they stay as backups next year.

6. Henry needs to start at HB, McGahee at FB, and let them receive an approximately equal amount of carries. I think we all owe Henry an apology, since it's obvious that the latest OL shuffling has played a huge part in his sudden decline in 2004.

Thoughts?

118517[/snapback]

1) I think Ralph needs to be the owner and leave football operations to the football guys. The whole team is not bad, just parts. We got out coached... again. They exploited our weaknesses and we did not exploit theirs. Part coaching, part Bledsoe.

2) Not a bad idea, would send the message in #1 without saying it outright.

3) Agreed, but we need immediate help. If Vincent goes to FS, we are set for several years at SS and FS. Use draft to get corner depth, maybe even sigh a mid level FA if avail.

4) Yep!

5) LS provides emergency depth. NO! He is much better than Pukecillo. Cut him in the off season, but Tucker gets the job now. Move MW to LG in the offseason and address the tackle positions.

6) You contradict yourself. You want to start our rooks to get them exp, yet you want to put Henry back in to start? No, Willis is the man, run him until his legs fall off. Nobody could have run with our pathetic OL yesterday. I saw at least 7 plays run to MW side where he was standing looking backward, not blocking anyone, watching Willis get tackled for a loss. Put your hat on someone you big fat tub and drive them 10 yards down field. If a 400lb guy cannot out muscle a 270lb DE, he SUCKS!

Thoughts?

118517[/snapback]

2. I too thought the same thing in regards to Modrak becoming GM. However. Modrak is Donablow's go-to-guy, they think along the same lines. They co-ordinate the drafts together, as well as the free agent pickups. Therefore, I dont think Modrak becoming Gm would make a big difference. The bills need to go outside of the organization for a GM, A.J. Smith would have been nice, wouldnt he??

Since this season is basically over, a few things need to be taken care of in the offseason.

1. You live and die with the lines. Let Jennings go, draft a tackle or pick one up in free agency. Also, something needs to be taken care of at LG.

2. D-line- re-sign pat williams, we're stuck with schobel now, maybe try to sign or draft another end opposite of schobel.

3. CB- Move Vincent to safety and draft a corner from ohio state. Mcgee is no. 3 corner.

4. WR-pick up a solid no.3 WR, something this team is really lacking.

-Hopefully Losman will pan out and Evans will be a solid no. 2 WR. Mcgahee at RB, our offense should turn around hopefully. I really wish I didnt have to depend on hope but thats all we can have at this point.

I agree with five out of six, but I doubt more than one of the six will take place. My prediction:

1. Would have happended by now if it was going to happen this week.

2. Won't happen, period. TD would leave and get hired by another team within days. Not that that is a bad thing, but it means Mr. Wilson won't able to make the suggested moves.

3. This is quite likely, and for good reason.

4. JP will be on the bench at 1 p.m. Sunday. I doubt he starts a single game this year. But I personally agree -- he should start against the Rams.

5. Smith should be gone, but he won't be. We have no where else to turn. Tucker is all right.

6. I think McGahee is the real thing. I agree that Travis has been done wrong, but bussiness is bussiness.

1. Who cares. Everyone knows the Bills played poorly, having Wilson reaffirm that is needless.

2. Not ready to give up on Donahoe yet. The guy has replaced 51 of 53 players on the roster. We, as fans might not like it, but those rebuilding efforts usually take longer than 4 years to happen.

3. If Vincent ever recovers from his injury this is a good idea, but there's no guarantee that Vincent is going to be a great, or even good safety.

4. Bledsoe is on his way out, no doubt, this has been apparent since the Ravens game. But until the Bills are mathmatically eliminated from the hunt, I only want them to make moves that give them the best chance to win, not to give a guy reps. If Mularkey believes JP or Mathews give the Bills the best chance to win, great. After they're eliminated, they can start making moves for the future.

5. I don't know if I'd cut him, but Tucker should be starting.

6. McGahee should never be a regular starter at FB. It's a complete waste of talent. Henry is done as the starter. I would like to see the Bills run the ball 40 times a game, though, giving McGahee 25 carries and Henry 15. But, at the same time, Henry has shown nothing this year.

1. Cool

2. There ain't a dime's difference between Tom and Tom

3. OK... and what is the return on this invenstment?

4. Cool

5. Maybe he just needs to be fattened up. (if he's better than Pucillo, why wouldn't you want him playing instead?

6. McGahee... lead blocker for Travis and vice versa? I'm sorry... No.

Guest BackInDaDay
7.  Ralph Wilson needs to sell the team before he passes away from old age.  Maybe OJ will buy it with his secret stash of cash.  Oops, not so secret any more huh?

118622[/snapback]

He may find "the real killers" posing as Bills O-linemen.

I think we're all jumping the gun here. I'm as embarrassed and as frustrated from last night as much as all of you, but let's not throw the world to the wolves here.

First, Ralph has already ripped the team once this year. If he does it again, it'll just show the entire world that Buffalo can't get their sh*t together and make themselves look like a classless, disorganized organization. He needs to come out and stand behind the front office and coaching staff. If he's going to rip them, do it privately.

Second, at this point, I see no purpose in ditching Donahoe or Modrak or doing any shake-up of the front office. This is only the 4th year of Donahoe's tenure and while we (rightfully) expected some progress by now, shaking things up will only set the Bills back further. Donahoe is probably legitmately taking the heat for the coaching debacles of 2002 into 2003, but he did something about it and got rid of them. Maybe he's on a short leash right now, but I think Ralph has to realize that firing Donahoe would make things worse for another couple of years.

Third, I've been a supporter of Drew Bledsoe since he was traded for over 2 years ago...and I still am. At the same time, I realize he's not going to win games single-handedly. But I think everyone should realize (and it looks like we do for the most part) that the overall problems with this team are not centered around him. They should be centered around the offensive and defensive lines. If the o-line can't block, it doesn't matter who the QB or RB is. If the d-line can't generate any sort of pressure on the pass rush, even Ryan Leaf would have a career game. It all starts in the trenches. Focus on that and the Bills will get better. Outside of either line, the talent, personnel, and schemes are there to be a playoff team.

Finally, let's all not overreact. Generally, this team was improving until last night and there was a lot of positive vibes here. I'm not willing to let one single game convince me that the entire organization should be overhauled.

Third, I've been a supporter of Drew Bledsoe since he was traded for over 2 years ago...and I still am. At the same time, I realize he's not going to win games single-handedly. But I think everyone should realize (and it looks like we do for the most part) that the overall problems with this team are not centered around him. They should be centered around the offensive and defensive lines. If the o-line can't block, it doesn't matter who the QB or RB is. If the d-line can't generate any sort of pressure on the pass rush, even Ryan Leaf would have a career game. It all starts in the trenches. Focus on that and the Bills will get better. Outside of either line, the talent, personnel, and schemes are there to be a playoff team.

118908[/snapback]

Couldn't disagree more. The overall problem with this team IS centered around Drew (though of course it's TD's fault for bringing him to Buffalo and especially for extending his contract beyond last offseason).

Think about it. Aside from that ghastly egg our D laid last night, our team is still strong on D and strong on special teams. Do we have the 85 Bears D and the early 90's Bills special teams? No, but let's be realistic. Aside from the offense, the rest of this team is certainly good enough to be 6-3 and in the thick of the playoff race right now.

Now to the offense. Drew is the main problem with it and therefore, as stated above, the entire team as well. He telegraphs his passes by looking at the guy (always Moulds) 1-2 seconds before releasing the ball, he's so immobile to the point that all opposing D's need to do is overwhelm the middle of the OL and the play is done, he throws passes of less than 10 yds way too hard, he can't hit receivers in stride anymore, he chokes in must-win games, he chokes in road games, he chokes in night games, he's proven to be utterly useless in leading this team out of a point deficit greater than 7 points (something he used to do with regularity early in his career), and - IMO most importantly - he's taking up 6 million dollars of cap space performing a conservative QB role that a $1 million man could do (example: Trent Dilfer).

Time to face the goddamned facts: Drew is done. His sack-accumulating brain has turned to mush, he has no more confidence in himself, and the rest of the offense has no more confidence in themselves as a result.

If you strongly disagree with this assessment, that's fine. But all I have to say is that those who don't learn from history are billsfanone to repeat it. None of us (including me) learned from the Patriots late 90's decline. None of us paid attention to the Patsies fans telling us that the rest of their offense suddenly got their act together when one man - Drew - left. A few of us still don't get it, and that's why us non Drew Apologists are so vehemently angry/annoying. The sooner 100% of the Bills fans wake up and protest to the front office about sticking with Drew (with phone calls, letters, amd most importantly ticket sales), the better.

Terrence McGee is a safety. Not a CB, even though that's where he is playing.

The Bills have a management problem that ownership does not care much about, despite occasional statements. That's not unique in the NFL.

I don't blame Ralph. He's been involved with football for 44 years. If (hopefully) I get to live to 80+, I think I'd be spending more time enjoying the time I have left and not wanting a coronary caused by going ballistic.

The heirs just seem to want the $. You can't fight that.

Finally, let's all not overreact. Generally, this team was improving until last night and there was a lot of positive vibes here. I'm not willing to let one single game convince me that the entire organization should be overhauled.

118908[/snapback]

I have been a Drew Bledsoe supporter since we traded for him. This season I could look at the offensive line and say it was more their fault than Drew's but not after last night. That was one of the worst performances I have ever seen by a Buffalo Bills QB ever. Even in the days of Flutie and RJ, the QB position was not this bad. MM even said that NE did "nothing tricky" in defending their offense. The Bills knew what was coming and were unprepared for it. The lost was a team lost, but Drew is the captain of the offense and he goes down with the ship. Matter of fact, the offensive line pass blocked NE better this game than in any in recent memory. NE came in with the intention of stopping the running game and did. When a team does that, you have to attack down field and expose their secondary which had a WR playing in it. Drew is all done. I am not sure how we fix the Cap situation with him.

You are correct in saying that the game starts in the trenches and the Bills need to improve in this area especially the "offensive" line. I believe that the Bills would be starting JP if he was ready physically and mentally which I don't think he is. MM can not come out and say this though or lose any morale that is left. He must back Drew until JP is ready. I believe that is what he is doing with his comments today. Just my opinion ......