Buffalo's soon to be new head coach

In all seriousness, I agree. Fewell, Snert and now AVP are simply not very good. A slew of injuries doesn't help, either.

Fewell's defense has generated a bunch of turnovers despite horrendous injuries at LB and DB and a dearth of talent on the line. Maybe you think he should use action figures?

Van Pelt has been on the job for less than 2 months.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

finish the season out. It has been possibly revealed unto me the other day that this could possibly be Buffalo's new head coach at seasons end. At this time I will not reveal my source in case I have it wrong. So, please do not ask.

Darrell Bevell Offensive Coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings.

As new blood has sometimes to be placed in places, this is the fresh young face Buffalo needs to begin to secure the future.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/darrel...e6-956773a7b83e

If the link does not work, please copy and paste and I apologize if so.

all the great coaches out there and this is who you come up with no freaking thanks!

tell your source to go away!

finish the season out. It has been possibly revealed unto me the other day that this could possibly be Buffalo's new head coach at seasons end. At this time I will not reveal my source in case I have it wrong. So, please do not ask.

Darrell Bevell Offensive Coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings.

As new blood has sometimes to be placed in places, this is the fresh young face Buffalo needs to begin to secure the future.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/darrel...e6-956773a7b83e

If the link does not work, please copy and paste and I apologize if so.

who's the fellow LDSer at OBD that leaked it to you?

Fewell's defense has generated a bunch of turnovers despite horrendous injuries at LB and DB and a dearth of talent on the line. Maybe you think he should use action figures?

Van Pelt has been on the job for less than 2 months.

agreed. Fewell has been fine, but it be nice to have some bigger lineman and linebackers.

avp might be OK in the future. my guess is ralph will wnat him to stick around in some capacity like JJ interfered to have the OC stay in dallas

Why would Mike Leach want to leave Texas Tech for Buffalo? Not a real forward move career wise IMO.

You don't think being an NFL HC is a step up from Texas Tech???? :thumbsup:

Leach has always kept an eye out for better opportunities, and was rumored to be interested in the HC positions at Tennessee, Washington, Auburn, etc. That's why TT wanted to put a clause in his contract requiring permission for him to interview elsewhere and wanted a huge buyout penalty if he leaves; and that's why Leach had those clauses removed before he agreed to a contract extension.

Mike Leach runs a college style offense. Leave it in college and out of the NFL. Steve Spurrier learned the hard way. I can't imagine what kind of horrific effects that system would yield with our personnel and in Buffalo weather. :censored:

Bill Belicheat* also runs a college-style offense - used it to put up 59 points against Tennessee last Sunday in snowy Foxboro...

"Right now, we've been contacted by a minimum of three NFL teams who want to implement a spread element," Urban Meyer said last month. "They're going to do it."

Maybe more need to, given what the New England Patriots have done with the spread passing game since Bill Belichick began making annual off-season treks to Gainesville (and Meyer to Foxboro, Mass.) the last three years.

Link - NFL teams eyeing spread offense

Link - The Spread Offense: Coming to an NFL Franchise Near You?

Regarding Spurrier, there are myriad reasons why he failed as an NFL HC - work ethic probably topping the list. Guy just wasn't into the job and openly ridiculed other HCs for the long hours they put in, while he himself eschewed such hard work in favor of the golf course. In the end, he wanted to get out of that job.

Your last point - on Buffalo weather; you may not be familiar with the weather in Lubbock TX, or with Leach's fondness for practicing and playing in the wind, but I can pretty much guarantee that, were Leach to coach here, the Bills would not be practicing indoors to avoid inclement weather...

Unlike Jauron, if there's any home field advantage to be gained from practicing in the elements, Leach would maximize it.

there have been a lot better college coaches than Leach that have failed miserably at the NFL level...

That statement is a 'red herring' - there are no better coaches than Leach. :censored:

Link - Mike Leach defied convention to turn Texas Tech into a contender-and his critics into believers

GO BILLSSS!!!!