One HUGE positive from today

Considering that 4 of our 5 linemen are rookies I think this unit is coming together and starting to mesh. I'd really like to see them stay together for a few years. We might actually have an OL.

They were facing a line that only had like 4 or 5 sacks all year and they lost their best Def Lineman halfway thru the game. At this point our line sucks, hopefully because of inexperience. Playing a soft Def Line and they still let our starting QB get mauled and knocked out of the game.

i guess we didnt watch the same game, we still couldnt run the ball, and they were still getting plenty of penetration, the only difference is that fitz actually moves around when the pocket is collapsing on him, i didnt see anything that leads me to believe that this oline is "meshing"

The biggest difference was that they did not make Mental mistakes. The # of penalties was less than 1/4th of what they made in the last game. That was special considering they were on the road against a division opponent.

I wouldn't attribute anything to Frtiz yet. He was horrible today, except for that one ball to Evans.

I think the O-line did fair. i believe it takes time for guys to jell, just hope we can stay with the same 5 guys the rest of the way! IMO, i don't think it's a good idea to switch backs every other series. I believe RB's like to get into a groove and thought we ran the ball well the first series with Marshawn. I'd pound the ball with Lynch and change it up with Freddy. Nice to see the huddle again!

I'd say it was less of a freak thing and more of a dirty play. They drove him backwards after the whistle blew and slammed his head into the turf as they were twisting it sideways. If any play deserved a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty, this one was it.

But, I agree with your general point that sacks happen to every o-line.

Yeah, how is it that if you happen to brush Brady's knee on the way to the ground you get flagged, but trying to twist a QB's head off is just a good defensive play?