Perry Fewell

jahbonas

Before laying the blame on Perry, I would bet my paycheck that Perry is following "no balls" dick's directive. :wallbash:

This is my theory too. I have no proof. Last year we came out very aggressive on offense and had much success. Then we get to 5-1 against the Lards and all of the sudden we're back to bend but don't break. I think left to his own devices Perry would dial up more aggressive schemes.

But Dick wants him to "keep eveythig in front of you", "don't give up the big play", "team that makes the fewest mistakes wins".

I think he treats his OCs this way too.

Corey defensed the Dolphins well....but his typical scheme is what he did in the Giants Superbowl...defended against a 25 yard pass against a team and QB that wanted to run the clock and either run the ball or throw short dump passes.

In essence...we 'gave' them exactly what they wanted....

The best coordinators understand any 1 defense is not the perfect defense for every QB and every offense....we see ourselves that Trent Edwards can look like Montana if he faces a team dumb enough to play bend but dont break against him.......you cannot defense Chad henne the same way you defense Drew Brees...yet these coordinators do this all the time....often because they are 'one trick ponies' who cannot simply slide to a modified scheme

:wallbash:

The primary reason the NFC East moved the ball on the ground in all 4 Super Bowls was the Bills defense was built to win in the pass happy AFC. The Giants, Skins, and Cowboys OLs were huge for the standards of the time and built to pound the rock in the rough and tumble NFC East. The Bills undersized DL and 3-4 defense simply wasn't stout enough against the competition. They didn't have the depth or right players to switch to a 46 defense in the biggest game of the season and smash the bullies of the NFC East. That's life and not coaching.

I see Perry blames the linebackers in last weeks game...when the #1 defensive problem has been his strategy that gives away 3rd down conversions like gumdrops and contributes more than anything else to the defense having to stay out there......

The 3rd down conversions may come at the worst possible times in the games for us.....but it is bs to say we give them away like gumdrops.

At the moment we are 9th in the league in 3rd down conversions(percentage).

This is against the #5, #14, #1 & #12 ranked offenses.

....or....

....the #7, #20, #2 & #23 ranked offensively in 3rd down conversions.

The 3rd down conversions may come at the worst possible times in the games for us.....but it is bs to say we give them away like gumdrops.

At the moment we are 9th in the league in 3rd down conversions(percentage).

This is against the #5, #14, #1 & #12 ranked offenses.

....or....

....the #7, #20, #2 & #23 ranked offensively in 3rd down conversions.

At the moment were are 28th in the league defensively giving up 3rd down conversions at 44%....thats from NFL.COM stats...no idea where you get the 9th figure

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1

Exactly ! And nothing causes his defense to stay on the field more than his terrible 3rd down defensive strategy. It completely undermines the good defense played on 1st & 2nd downs...

They love to blame the no-huddle but this no huddle takes its time calling its plays

I agree 100%, and have yet to understand why on third and 13 our defensive backs are playin 12 yards off the guy. I like the fact that we blitz more, but Fewel needs to compliment that with press coverage.