Don't be so hard on Trent

I have been as angry at... and hard on... the Bills players and organization as anyone. But the more I think about the decades I have spent watching football players, the more evidence I can site for the snowball rolling down the hill syndrome.

In other words, when the organization and players are declining, everyone involved is much more vulnerable for a decline in performance. One has only to look at the players who have left us and are successful to see that when here, they had less of a chance to succeed. There are linemen who appeared to be bad when in Buffalo, that are now happily working in Atlanta, Washington, San Diego, etc. Linebackers and defensive backs who we let go who have prospered in New England, Minnesota, Sand Diego, Washington, New York, San Francisco, etc. Running backs like Sammy Morris lasted several years in Miami and New England. I could display a huge list.

Granted, they are not all Pat Williams or Antoine Winfield, but you can ruin the growth of a good player by placing him on a sick team, under mediocre coaching. IMO Edwards and several of our other young players have the potential to be much better than they now appear, under the right conditions and with good training. Those conditions and training are controlled by the man who decides who is hired. End of story.

I have been as angry at... and hard on... the Bills players and organization as anyone. But the more I think about the decades I have spent watching football players, the more evidence I can site for the snowball rolling down the hill syndrome.

In other words, when the organization and players are declining, everyone involved is much more vulnerable for a decline in performance. One has only to look at the players who have left us and are successful to see that when here, they had less of a chance to succeed. There are linemen who appeared to be bad when in Buffalo, that are now happily working in Atlanta, Washington, San Diego, etc. Linebackers and defensive backs who we let go who have prospered in New England, Minnesota, Sand Diego, Washington, New York, San Francisco, etc. Running backs like Sammy Morris lasted several years in Miami and New England. I could display a huge list.

Granted, they are not all Pat Williams or Antoine Winfield, but you can ruin the growth of a good player by placing him on a sick team, under mediocre coaching. IMO Edwards and several of our other young players have the potential to be much better than they now appear, under the right conditions and with good training. Those conditions and training are controlled by the man who decides who is hired. End of story.

Trent sucks. End of discussion. ZERO situational awareness.

....IMO Edwards and several of our other young players have the potential to be much better than they now appear, under the right conditions and with good training. Those conditions and training are controlled by the man who decides who is hired. End of story.

Your story is not "ended." Trent Edwards does not have "it" yet, and chances are he most likely never will have "it." The "it" he obviously lacks is the will and desire to win at all costs, to lay it all on the line, to will his team to win games it has no business winning, and blow out the teams they should beat.

At this point in his career, Edwards sucks. He quietly blames everyone but himself, shows zero excitement or leadership during any point of the game and is scared to freakin' death to throw the football farther then 10 yards on 95% of his pass attempts. He is seemingly unwilling to read a defense and audible out of a stupid call by Fat Van Pelt.

As for today's train wreck of a game he "played", with those imposters masquarading as OT's starting, neither Fat nor Trent should have called any passes that included any more then 3 step drops the entire game. They should have called for at least 30 runs between Jackson and Lynch, and simply punted and played field position the entire game with that offensive line whose strength lied only inside the tackles. The only break I'll give Fat and Edwards is that Fool's defense sucked as bad as the offense, too. :w00t:

To make matters worse, did you happen to see that big smile on Trent's face as he greeted Camarillo of the Dolphins after the game? I don't ever remember Joe Ferguson or Jim Kelly sprinting over to an opposing teams' player to smile and hug him after that guys' team just kicked their asses up and down the football field. Do you? :thumbdown:

So lets be Dick Jauron and tell everyone that we tried really hard and it's hard to win in the nfl. That way, the team will have continuity and therefore think that we are a championship caliber team. Then, we will go out there every Sunday believing that and still go 3-13 this year.

Yeah, keep letting TE off the hook. He hasn't done a damn thing this year to help this Buffalo team win. Lets get excited for the 2010 NFL Draft and getting a Top 5 pick.

GO BILLS!!!

Why must someone always start a thread on "dont blame____________" insert worst performance of the week. They are paid to play, if you cannot blame them when they suck, when can you, if they played for free it would be different, but guess what they dont!!!! Quit wasting time on crappy threads on how its not the pro's fault.

Why must someone always start a thread on "dont blame____________" insert worst performance of the week. They are paid to play, if you cannot blame them when they suck, when can you, if they played for free it would be different, but guess what they dont!!!! Quit wasting time on crappy threads on how its not the pro's fault.

GOOD POINT. How often do the players tell us "It's a business"? Well in business, when you perform as the Bills have, you are out of a job. The COUNTDOWN has STARTED. DO DJ & Trent last the year?

Trent sucks. End of discussion. ZERO situational awareness.

The solution to the Trent problem is a thing called a trebuchet. It is a medieval siege engine. You sit Trent down in one of those and in a flash he is no more than a speck on the horizon. Out of sight out of mind. He could fly back to California without a plane.