Vonage Users

TSNBDSC

no quality issues whatsoever as long as i set the bandwidth usage to a low level. at higher bandwidth, it seems the vonage adapter uses too much and the TWC modem can't provide enough.

on another note, extra fees and taxes have really soured me on the great "deal" that vonage offers. i pay with the once per year option to save extra money and i think i still pay over $30 a month. great features. great quality. the cost, however, i think is going to drive me to cancel after 4 years of service.

I've used Vonage for my business line for over five years and while we had some bandwidth issues initially, it has been very reliable. It works for me because of the amount (and length) of long distance calls I make. I also like having my voicemails emailed as a WAV file instead of having to call in to a service, especially when I'm on the road and can down load and listen to them on my phone. The only problem I seem to have is that the fax line has some trouble consistently receiving/sending, but I very rarely get/send faxes any more, so I don't pay it much attention.

I just signed up with Ooma. You buy the Ooma receiver for about $219 at Bestbuy or other retailers and you totally eliminate your monthly phone bill. Check them out at www.ooma.com. I have only had for a few days but the call quality is great.

They give you a local number for free or you can port your old number for $40. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee if you don't like it.

i have had it for close to 5 years or so....never, ever, ever a single problem...service, equipment, billing...always been happy....

... how's the quality ? ... did your adapter ever break down ? ... what does Vonage do IF your phone adapter fails ? ... thanks ! ... tom

i pay less than $15/month and am not on any special program...i have no idea why it is so low, but it has been between 12-5 bucks for over 2 years.....i decided not to question it.....

no quality issues whatsoever as long as i set the bandwidth usage to a low level. at higher bandwidth, it seems the vonage adapter uses too much and the TWC modem can't provide enough.

on another note, extra fees and taxes have really soured me on the great "deal" that vonage offers. i pay with the once per year option to save extra money and i think i still pay over $30 a month. great features. great quality. the cost, however, i think is going to drive me to cancel after 4 years of service.

i signed up for the standard 24.99 plan....not sure if they monitor usage and dropped me to the lower plan due to lack of long distance calls, i certainly make long distance calls, maybe not exessively...i have no idea why my rate is where it is, i have decided not to ask and alert them

what plan are you on?