I must be a masochist...

Red

So, here I sit, extremely frustrated and let-down after this loss against the Saints.

I want to applaud the defense. For busting their butt the past few years the way that they have only to continually, continually deal with perhaps the most inept offense in the NFL.

The problem for me, I believe, is that this team is so difficult to predict. I was expecting this type of score after the Patriots game. But the all out team effort, save for a McElvin fumble, the pure hunger and drive that guys like Kyle Williams and Schobel leave on the field, the Bills deserved to win that game.

Then they come out and beat a team (though there was a point in the game where the outcome seemed in doubt as the Bills once again seemed powerless to control their own fate) in Tampa that they were expected to beat. Hard to get too excited about it alone.

But, the offensive line held up, the defense looked tenacious, and now we have TO AND Lee.

Now here we are, 3 games into the season, and we can't get the ball to Owens or Evans for anything over 20 yards?!?

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the running to set up the pass, scripting some underneath routes, screens, etc to build some flow and confidence. I just can't accept that 3 defenses only have to double up on Evans and Owens and we suddenly have no receivers.

Reed finally showed up early against New Orleans. For all of his yammering to contribute to the offense, when has Parrish ever done anything on a consistent basis when on the field on offense? He is more of a liability than an asset.

I don't know. What does this loss say about the team? About Edwards? I believe in AVP. I believe that this defense, given an offense to help carry the burden, is good enough to get it done. Special teams seems to have taken a hit in the return game since the rule changes were made this offseason. But they have been at the top and April has proven himself to be a shrewd special teams coach, I trust them to find a way.

But this was a MAJOR step backward today.

The O-line, which had been playing so hard and solid, looked like the rookies and inexperienced players that they truly are. Edwards is King of The Checkdown. I love Jackson, but if he is 50% of the offense, you have to expect teams to gameplan specifically FOR HIM. In those situations, Edwards has got to be finding SOMEBODY else to throw to. IF the Saints want to focus on Jackson, where were Evans and Owens?

I'm bummed about this loss more so than any other of late. I know a season has many ups and downs. But to come out so hot and on fire as they did against the Pats, and to basically get mauled against a Saints team that- granted- is probably deep playoff material, still takes the wind right out of my sails as a fan.

The Jets are now 3-0 and are for real. How Sanchez can be gold and Edwards not?

There is a theme here. Is it all Jauron? Would Ralph pull the trigger, and spend the cash to actually hire a proven coach/GM like holmgren, shanahan, cowher, or gruden? Or will he continue to be a miser and promote April? This team needs to consistently feel pressure. The whole "player coach" garbage has got to go. Dick Vermeil, IMO, is the only coach of record who was dubbed a "players coach" who won anything on a regular basis.

The team came out flat, got man-handled on that first drive, and for that I can fault Jauron.

When does this team take the next step?

I believe that they now have the talent. Why can't they find a way to use it to win?

How long do I have to continue to watch this until I fit that definition of insanity (keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result)?

How long am I going to continue to spend hundreds of dollars on DirecTV Sunday Ticket because I live in Virginia?

Who knows? I must be a masochist...

So, here I sit, extremely frustrated and let-down after this loss against the Saints.

I want to applaud the defense. For busting their butt the past few years the way that they have only to continually, continually deal with perhaps the most inept offense in the NFL.

The problem for me, I believe, is that this team is so difficult to predict. I was expecting this type of score after the Patriots game. But the all out team effort, save for a McElvin fumble, the pure hunger and drive that guys like Kyle Williams and Schobel leave on the field, the Bills deserved to win that game.

Then they come out and beat a team (though there was a point in the game where the outcome seemed in doubt as the Bills once again seemed powerless to control their own fate) in Tampa that they were expected to beat. Hard to get too excited about it alone.

But, the offensive line held up, the defense looked tenacious, and now we have TO AND Lee.

Now here we are, 3 games into the season, and we can't get the ball to Owens or Evans for anything over 20 yards?!?

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the running to set up the pass, scripting some underneath routes, screens, etc to build some flow and confidence. I just can't accept that 3 defenses only have to double up on Evans and Owens and we suddenly have no receivers.

Reed finally showed up early against New Orleans. For all of his yammering to contribute to the offense, when has Parrish ever done anything on a consistent basis when on the field on offense? He is more of a liability than an asset.

I don't know. What does this loss say about the team? About Edwards? I believe in AVP. I believe that this defense, given an offense to help carry the burden, is good enough to get it done. Special teams seems to have taken a hit in the return game since the rule changes were made this offseason. But they have been at the top and April has proven himself to be a shrewd special teams coach, I trust them to find a way.

But this was a MAJOR step backward today.

The O-line, which had been playing so hard and solid, looked like the rookies and inexperienced players that they truly are. Edwards is King of The Checkdown. I love Jackson, but if he is 50% of the offense, you have to expect teams to gameplan specifically FOR HIM. In those situations, Edwards has got to be finding SOMEBODY else to throw to. IF the Saints want to focus on Jackson, where were Evans and Owens?

I'm bummed about this loss more so than any other of late. I know a season has many ups and downs. But to come out so hot and on fire as they did against the Pats, and to basically get mauled against a Saints team that- granted- is probably deep playoff material, still takes the wind right out of my sails as a fan.

The Jets are now 3-0 and are for real. How Sanchez can be gold and Edwards not?

There is a theme here. Is it all Jauron? Would Ralph pull the trigger, and spend the cash to actually hire a proven coach/GM like holmgren, shanahan, cowher, or gruden? Or will he continue to be a miser and promote April? This team needs to consistently feel pressure. The whole "player coach" garbage has got to go. Dick Vermeil, IMO, is the only coach of record who was dubbed a "players coach" who won anything on a regular basis.

The team came out flat, got man-handled on that first drive, and for that I can fault Jauron.

When does this team take the next step?

I believe that they now have the talent. Why can't they find a way to use it to win?

How long do I have to continue to watch this until I fit that definition of insanity (keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result)?

Who knows? I must be a masochist...

Any True Bills fan is a masochist..

Heres to a crappy week. :huh:

I believe teams take on the personality of their head coach. Lynch made a good comment about the Saints last year. Payton realized the team was getting a soft mentality on offense and set out to change it. I have not seen any evidence of emotion good or bad from Jauron. I don't think we have a coach that can get the most of the talent we have. That's all a fan can ask for.

I believe teams take on the personality of their head coach. Lynch made a good comment about the Saints last year. Payton realized the team was getting a soft mentality on offense and set out to change it. I have not seen any evidence of emotion good or bad from Jauron. I don't think we have a coach that can get the most of the talent we have. That's all a fan can ask for.

That's what is so hard to determine.

I think that you would be mistaken if you said that the Bills did not have passion against the Patriots. They oozed passion.

Today, in their "statement game" (not my words), they came out flat and got manhandled. The 'D' once again carried the team into the 4th quarter.

There was no passion on the offensive side of the ball- with the sole exception of Jackson. Parrish fumbling?!!? After Week 1, that should NEVER happen again in the return game!

I can remember that 4th and short play against the Bucs last week, where Owens had to wave the punt team off, Jauron ceded to Owens and the offense, and they got the 1st down thus keeping the drive and hopes of a win alive.

I must agree, that there is alot of talent on this squad now, and it is good enough to win. Right now, the Bills need a Gruden in here ripping them a new arse every time they so much as fart offsides, fumble the soap in the shower, or any other creative phrase you can think of.

I would also like to add that after that 1st game, I came away so excited that the Bills were so much better.

But after 3 weeks of watching the Pats this season, this is not the same Pats team we are all used to.

I watched some of that Atlanta game as I waited to be let down (again), and Brady's receivers are not on the same page, the defense no longer has that swagger, etc.

The key, I believe, is no more Scott Pioli.

I can remember an article by Larry Felser back in the heyday of the Super Bowl Bills, that we had all better enjoy it while it lasts because players such as those come around on a single team like those teams but once in a lifetime.

Oh, how true it rings today.

That first game, where I initially believed to speak volumes about the growth of the Bills...actually speaks more of the decline of the Pats.