35-3! It's Over! It's Over!

Just got done watching my spanking new DVD of the Miracle Comeback (Thanks Fez). I sincerely miss the joy that this team used to give me (especially #56).

Raising one to those who came before. May your pride and spirit infect those who toil in your stead today. Here's to a great season of football in WNY. We deserve it.

Just got done watching my spanking new DVD of the Miracle Comeback (Thanks Fez).  I sincerely miss the joy that this team used to give me (especially #56).

Raising one to those who came before.  May your pride and spirit infect those who toil in your stead today.  Here's to a great season of football in WNY.  We deserve it.

8588[/snapback]

Right on, bro. Most of the time down here in Atlanta, the minute someone hears I'm a Bills fan I get the superbowl banter just like many of the rest of you do. I don't even bother trying to respond to it anymore; I just look at them and smile :D Were the superbowl losses heartbreaking? Sure they were.....but you know what? It doesn't change the fact that I, and a whole lot of other people, were part of something special. I moved to Rochester in 1985. I remember listening to some jerk on 96Rock on the bus to school mocking the Bills every Monday morning. I remember Jim Kelly getting off the plane when the Bills finally got him to Buffalo. I was there when these special years began, I was there through the superbowl years, and I'll continue to be there for the acceptance speeches of every single member of those great years who enters into the hall. Those teams and those players allowed a lot of us to feel like we were a part of it all, and I will never forget how that felt. It was like our team was simply an extension of us; we came back and beat Houston together just like we lost four superbowls together. This was never more clear for me than when i watched Jim Kelly's induction speech and cried like a damn baby. My (ex) wife thought I was off my rocker, but how can you possibly explain something like this? People can make fun of them all they want for losing four superbowls. I will continue to just keep smiling back at them.....feeling sorry that they never had the chance to truly be a part of something great.

Just got done watching my spanking new DVD of the Miracle Comeback (Thanks Fez). I sincerely miss the joy that this team used to give me (especially #56).

I would also like to thank Fez for the DVD. I just got done watching the comeback game myself. What really caught me offguard was how the announcers kept saying how great of an coordinator Gilbride was. But the quote of the game came from Boomer in the postgame show. Bob Costas asked Boomer if he ever had any doubt Reich would come back. Boomer was like, "damn right I knew he would come back!".