Pats play contain and force runs up the

JP-era

They know their best chance of holding McGahee under 100 is forcing him to run up the gut.

They add the extra pressure to the edges and hope for the sacks with Williams out.

I hope Mularkey came with a good gameplan. I still think we win, and I bet McGahee gets 100+ even though the Pats defend against it! This game would be his breakout game!

Guest BackInDaDay
Two backs, baby.  With Shelton leading the way for McGahee, the blitzer on the edge is annihilated.  I say run 2-back all night, with Shelton being the outlet receiver on passing plays.

116364[/snapback]

I agree. If they come strong off the edge to contain WM's bounces outside, then we should be able to get DS isolated on their inside LBs (A/B gaps). And if their bring their SS up for inside run support, we should be able to hit some quick inside patterns and TE seams. Easier said then done :)

They know their best chance of holding McGahee under 100 is forcing him to run up the gut.

They add the extra pressure to the edges and hope for the sacks with Williams out.

I hope Mularkey came with a good gameplan. I still think we win, and I bet McGahee gets 100+ even though the Pats defend against it! This game would be his breakout game!

116353[/snapback]

Defensively, the Pats are going to do the usual and bring the house at Bledsoe and hope that they stuff the run at the same time. The Bills need to protect Bledsoe and run effectively against it before the Pats will stop. Nobody attacks the Bills weaknesses offensively like the Pats do, and it's mainly because they execute their gameplan with precision. Other teams can copy the plan but don't have the personnel or expertise to make it work as effectively.

Offensively, the Bills don't really have to do anything different, they just have to execute at the level of the Pats defense, not let defenders come free thru gaps, keep grinding out positive yards with the run and keep the safeties honest with some stuff over the middle to the tight ends and hope for a couple deep ball opportunities to Moulds/Evans against the NE corners.

I'm more concerned about the Bills defense this time around. They have a tendency to come up small when it counts, like in the prime-timer against KC last year, and Brady has had some great games against the Bills. If he comes out and goes like 8 for 8 right off the bat it's going to be a long night almost regardless of what the Bills are doing offensively.