Did you see who got burned Twice?

Speedy G

shoulda had safety help too....hence the cover 2, with deep halves on the field....figured he would've been ready after the first TD to watson

The middle LB is responsible for the deep middle in the cover two.

Safety help in the middle only comes with a single high safety for which the offense would throw to the sidelines or with a cover 3 or 4 where there are more safeties playing deep. I couldn't tell at the time if Byrd, Wilson, or Wendling were on the field or not. Jerry Sullivan said Byrd played well but I can't recall him being on the field.

The weakness in the cover 2 is up the seams, right where Watson ran twice. Shame on us for calling the same defense over and over and over.

As someone pointed out earlier, Watson can straight out fly and any mike in the league would have a hard time defending either of those two touchdowns if they were in our defense at the time.

exactly, if you look at the replay on the second touchdown you can hear brady call out ellison's number (56) in an audible. He might have been picking on ellison but my bet is that he figured we were playing a cover 2 and switched to a play or called a hot route that would exploit the middle. He had one of his best games as a bill though so I can't get upset that he couldn't defend that. Our defensive scheme and fewell's play-calling was the problem, kind of convinced too that it would have been better with poz in there reading the field (might have even audibled our d into a better play).

well next week looks better, GO BILLS

The middle LB is responsible for the deep middle in the cover two.

Safety help in the middle only comes with a single high safety for which the offense would throw to the sidelines or with a cover 3 or 4 where there are more safeties playing deep. I couldn't tell at the time if Byrd, Wilson, or Wendling were on the field or not. Jerry Sullivan said Byrd played well but I can't recall him being on the field.

The lineback gets deeper than usual for a middle zone, but safeties still have deep halves in a regular cover two shell...cover three means they have deep thirds, and cover 4 means the deep area is split into 4...all by definition of the coverage shell.

the inherent weakness of the cover 2 shell is the handoff between a linebacker getting a deeper middle zone and one of the safeties taking the deep responsibility in the middle.

the bills still should've adjusted after the first TD.