Where do you rank this

berndogg

I'd say third behind jacksonville in '04 and denver '07 . In both those games there was a 4th down play where if we stop them it's over and we couldn't do it. Jax is slightly worse (just talking about the game, obviously not taking everett into consideration) because it was a 4th and 26. But denver was almost as bad and that running field goal was brutal. Last night really didn't come down to a single play. Even if McKelvin doesn't fumble, NE still might've had a chance for a last drive. Honorable mention go to 2003 overtime vs. the jets and 06 at New England blowing the double digit lead. What do you guys think?

This may have been the worst. We were against a division rival. This game had been anticipated for so long. We lost all 6 divisional games last year and really needed to break that streak. And we had lost 11 in a row to the Pats and had a chance to break that streak. We had a chance to go on Monday Night Football, and finally beat the Pats, in their own backyard, in front of the entire nation, to break our 11-game losing streak against them. Doesn't get much worse than that...

I'd say third behind jacksonville in '04 and denver '07 . In both those games there was a 4th down play where if we stop them it's over and we couldn't do it. Jax is slightly worse (just talking about the game, obviously not taking everett into consideration) because it was a 4th and 26. But denver was almost as bad and that running field goal was brutal. Last night really didn't come down to a single play. Even if McKelvin doesn't fumble, NE still might've had a chance for a last drive. Honorable mention go to 2003 overtime vs. the jets and 06 at New England blowing the double digit lead. What do you guys think?

This is not that high up the list of horrible losses. We lost to New England as predicted. If McKelvin took a knee, we would have gone three and out, and the Pats would have won anyway. The Dallas Monday nighter was much worse. At the end of the day, we saw our offense score two touchdowns, and our offensive line hold up for the most part. We lost to the Pats, what's new?

I remember all of those losses vividly, and the feeling of frustration and ineptitude that came not from us losing in dramatic fashion, but knowing it was coming for the last quarter of the game.

That said, the monday night game was the worst. You had to be there. Gut wrenching.

This is not that high up the list of horrible losses. We lost to New England as predicted. If McKelvin took a knee, we would have gone three and out, and the Pats would have won anyway. The Dallas Monday nighter was much worse. At the end of the day, we saw our offense score two touchdowns, and our offensive line hold up for the most part. We lost to the Pats, what's new?

I said week 1 losses. I mean we could go on all day with awful losses in general, I think someone did in another thread. I just think it's crazy that we've lost 3 of our last 6 WEEK ONE games in such epic fashion. That's gotta be some kind of record.

I think we need to take all three together and just acknowledge how sh------- this team is. I'm surprised these losses don't kill ralph by themselves.

If making money was directly related to quality I think he would have did the honorable thing and killed himself. Japanese style. However, his investment of 35k approx has ballooned to the 800 too 900 million range. Place sells out. Hefty tv contracts. No reason for suicide that I can see. Winning obviously is not that high a priority.

All that, and I remember how much 2001 hurt. I know not much was expected of us, but we were beating a pretty good Saints team in the second half, and then Cowart, who was far and away my favorite player, tears his Achilles, and the team never recovers. That was rough.