Ricky un-retiring.

jarthur31

Can anyone answer this for me? Ricky was saying that he had a desire to play for the Raiders after sitting out the length of his contract with the Dolphins. It was my understanding that if a player does not fulfill his contractual obligations to the team by not playing that the years on the contract stay on. A situation similar to Barry Sanders when he retired and how he couldn't just sit out for a few years and then go play for another team. Has the NFL changed the rules about this, or am I missing something?

If I read this right, Ricky would miss 2004 because he filled out retirement papers, and 2005 on a drug suspension. Am I right? If so I don't see him as any more than a backup after two years out of football, and being 30 years old. Five years is the average career for an NFL RB. IMO he's going to run awfully low on weed before he can collect an NFL salary again and restock, and when he does comeback he's going to find his earning power has slipped considerably. In essence he made a HUGE mistake. In fact he's made multiple HUGE mistakes.

Ok, I know that he'll prob miss a full year if the additional failed drug test is true. 

Will he have to sit out another year for un-retiring too?  Or will it be served concurrently?

8468[/snapback]

Mort just said he's done with the Fish regardless...Those bridges have been burned and the Fish will likely Trade his rights after this Season according to CM.

There's no way Wicky should be allowed to play again.  The guy admitted to being a pot head and that he used masking agents to cover up his drug tests.  If the NFL allows him back, it will make what was previously window dressing (the drug testing policy) truly a joke.

8544[/snapback]

Mort also said that no matter when RW comes back, he faces a minimum 4 Game Suspension, and will likely have to appeal in order to avoid an indefinite Suspension. Due to the fact that he retired after his 3rd failed test, Ricky basically opted out of the NFL manditory Drug Testing program. So Mort says that for now, that counts as another failed test which means indefinite Suspension pending appeal. Mort also said that Ricky's phone conversation with the Fish was mostly about wanting more money and less carries, which appearently pissed the Fish off even more...

Got to admit...it's fun to follow this story... B)

Mort also said that no matter when RW comes back, he faces a minimum 4 Game Suspension, and will likely have to appeal in order to avoid an indefinite Suspension. Due to the fact that he retired after his 3rd failed test, Ricky basically opted out of the NFL manditory Drug Testing program. So Mort says that for now, that counts as another failed test which means indefinite Suspension pending appeal. Mort also said that Ricky's phone conversation with the Fish was mostly about wanting more money and less carries, which appearently pissed the Fish off even more...

Got to admit...it's fun to follow this story... B)

8581[/snapback]

Yeah I read that he wants to pick the coaching staff, make more, and do less. Real brilliant there, Rick!