Can't blame Jauron or coaching staff for this lost

bluv

From a different perspective, the Patriots beat us with their stamped forte. Billicheck is a master at setting up his opponents through the course of a game to spring unexpected plays near the end of the game that produce victories. Defensively, they set up the OL then change their pressure and get timely, late game sacks. Offensively, they notice a weakness and encourage it throughout 3 quarters then exploit it late. Last night was as typical a Pats* win as the league has seen for a decade. They sacked Trent with 4 rushers back to back with the game on the line and struck gold with the TE post pattern they suckerd us into, all game long.

I hate them, but they're the model for winning in the NFL.

That is not a coaching mistake...you have no idea what he was told to do. First off, bringing the ball out was the RIGHT call because if he takes 6 seconds off the clock the Pats lose a CRITICAL timeout at the 2 minute warning. McKelvin should have gotten out of bounds though and made a bone head INSTINCTIVE move of fighting for more yards.

More importantly, I am almost certain the main reason he brought the ball out of the endzone was because he had no clue if he actually made the reception on the 1 yard and wound up in the end zone because of momentum. It was a close call (and I think he could have downed it legally, but it was close) that is literally IMPOSSIBLE for him to know for sure because his eyes were on the ball at that exact moment when he crossed the goal line making the reception.

So honestly, whether he was told to or not, he literally had NO choice but to run it out as he doesnt know exactly where he caught it because he made the catch in the air as he was falling backwards into the endzone. You can even see him look down on the replay after he gets the ball.

His dumb mistake was not getting down, and that was a young players mistake. But dont blame the coaches for that, it was not their fault and they came in and had this team ready despite all the turmoil recently and coached a pretty good game.

At least someone has insight on this board. IF he doesn't fumble, the Pats don't have the 2 minute warning and IF we run the ball 3 striaght times for no gain the Pats wouldn't have any timeouts needed to go at least 60 yards with NO timeouts IF they could stop us. IF we gain a 1st down game over. The only fault I have in McKleivin is fumbling for even though he hesistated he got past the 20 yard line. If he had hestitated and got stopped inside the 10 I'd be more mad with him then as IF we had gotten stopped the Pats would have good field position but still no timeouts. Who knows; the offense probably would have turned the ball over anyway; shades of JP against the Jets running in my head!

they sacked Trent with 4 rushers back to back with the game on the line and struck gold with the TE post pattern they suckerd us into, all game long.

I hate them, but they're the model for winning in the NFL.

How is that so great? It just reinterates my point: the Pat PLAYERS made plays when it counted! Our four man rush didn't which allowed the Pats to get the crucial TD drive.

That is not a coaching mistake...you have no idea what he was told to do. First off, bringing the ball out was the RIGHT call because if he takes 6 seconds off the clock the Pats lose a CRITICAL timeout at the 2 minute warning. McKelvin should have gotten out of bounds though and made a bone head INSTINCTIVE move of fighting for more yards.

More importantly, I am almost certain the main reason he brought the ball out of the endzone was because he had no clue if he actually made the reception on the 1 yard and wound up in the end zone because of momentum. It was a close call (and I think he could have downed it legally, but it was close) that is literally IMPOSSIBLE for him to know for sure because his eyes were on the ball at that exact moment when he crossed the goal line making the reception.

So honestly, whether he was told to or not, he literally had NO choice but to run it out as he doesnt know exactly where he caught it because he made the catch in the air as he was falling backwards into the endzone. You can even see him look down on the replay after he gets the ball.

His dumb mistake was not getting down, and that was a young players mistake. But dont blame the coaches for that, it was not their fault and they came in and had this team ready despite all the turmoil recently and coached a pretty good game.

really good post, totally agree

The Bills showed some stuff against a good team and he did make a mistake along with a lot of others in a game which BOTH teams made a lot of mental errors.

There were some interesting stats on the screen during the game. One I thought was interesting was Edwards being the #5 QB in the leauge last year. Another was the time of posssion somewhere around the beggining of the 3rd. The Bills had only had the ball 11 minutes.

I was impressed with Schobels game and Corner was great too. Nelson and the young guys on the line had good games. Donte looks much better at FS. Rosco (as much as I like him saw too much field last night. Freddy looked great. I loved Gruden saying (about TO) baggage is a player who can't play.

They looked good last night except the last 5 minutes, I wonder if the idea of a no huddle with a bend but don't break (give and don't take sometimes) is the right thing late in the game. I also wonder how this team will do with no huddle in the cold. The long sustained running drives look hard to cope with, I don't really think Bellicheat did the right thing going to the passing game more and more when they were averaging 5-6 YPC the 1st half. I would think you stick with it more. Not that they are not good at passing but just a thought.

At least someone has insight on this board. IF he doesn't fumble, the Pats don't have the 2 minute warning and IF we run the ball 3 striaght times for no gain the Pats wouldn't have any timeouts needed to go at least 60 yards with NO timeouts IF they could stop us. IF we gain a 1st down game over. The only fault I have in McKleivin is fumbling for even though he hesistated he got past the 20 yard line. If he had hestitated and got stopped inside the 10 I'd be more mad with him then as IF we had gotten stopped the Pats would have good field position but still no timeouts. Who knows; the offense probably would have turned the ball over anyway; shades of JP against the Jets running in my head!

Good post.