Lyrics thread

Pete

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink Floyd- Pigs.  Animals is one of my favorite albums.  Floyd were true genius'.  I mean success spawns immitation and noone sounds like Floyd since

115212[/snapback]

I'm partial to DSOTM.

Always was more of an ELP fan, though. Have seen PF, Yes, and everyone else in Buffalo, but ELP always put on a good show there. Had some friends that were (long story) hooked up with Moog industries. Got to go to the Ralph for soundchecks, meet the band, etc when they played the concert with Lynard Skynard and James Gang.

Man, I might be showing my age, but these kids don't know how to party. Good time was Summer Jam at Watkins Glenn. I could go on for hours if I could remember it. :blink: The walk up the mountain was worth the price of the trip.

Man, I might be showing my age, but these kids don't know how to party. Good time was Summer Jam at Watkins Glenn. I could go on for hours if I could remember it.  :blink:  The walk up the mountain was worth the price of the trip.

115217[/snapback]

You were there ? Damn. So close, so close, but yet so far.........

I'm partial to DSOTM.

Always was more of an ELP fan, though. Have seen PF, Yes, and everyone else in Buffalo, but ELP always put on a good show there. Had some friends that were (long story) hooked up with Moog industries. Got to go to the Ralph for soundchecks, meet the band, etc when they played the concert with Lynard Skynard and James Gang.

Man, I might be showing my age, but these kids don't know how to party. Good time was Summer Jam at Watkins Glenn. I could go on for hours if I could remember it.  :blink:  The walk up the mountain was worth the price of the trip.

115217[/snapback]

ELO was a great band. They will achieve success in the future- their songs will show up on a soundtrack or commerical or something. Great sound. Those 70s bands partied, eh? I love Dark Side. I am also partial to Obscured by Clouds, Wish You Were Hear and Meddle

ELO was a great band.  They will achieve success in the future- their songs will show up on a soundtrack or commerical or something.  Great sound.  Those 70s bands partied, eh?  I love Dark Side.  I am also partial to Obscured by Clouds, Wish You Were Hear and Meddle

115220[/snapback]

ELP

Emerson Lake and Palmer. Not that there's anything really wrong with ELO.

And Cable, I was NOT the guy selling oz's from under my cowboy hat at that concert.

ELP

Emerson Lake and Palmer. Not that there's anything really wrong with ELO.

And Cable, I was NOT the guy selling oz's from under my cowboy hat at that concert.

115223[/snapback]

ooops- those damn acronymns! ELP was a solid band too

Whenever it's a rainy day.

I take my troubles up in my room.

I chase all the clouds away.

(I've deliberately skewered the words slightly to prevent Google)

Well I know that your gonna cry, tears are falling from your eyes...

115223[/snapback]

Actually, that was me. Except it wasn't really a traditional cowboy hat I was wearing as much as it was a "Hoss Cartright" hat. Very popular back then.:blink:

I thought it was BORN a poor, young country boy....same difference...

and the song I referenced is called DOGS, but close enough for me... :blink:

115245[/snapback]

Hey, it's been 30 years. Give an old guy a break. Early onset, you know.

Paco.

Fugck You.

And I say that in the not so nicest way.

You couldn't throw a Frank line in this thread. The thread would be on Page 4 by the morning. No one would ever figure it out. :D

115254[/snapback]

What do you have against 4 page threads? The more the merrier IMO. Anyways I appreciate Frank Sinatra but probably would be stumped by his lyrics. LABillsfan would be able to quote every Frank lyric though. Where are you LA? Your posts are missed! Anyways if it was Frank the Tank you are referring to I think I could guess those