Some thoughts re game

jahnyc

1. Poz breaking his arm is a big loss. We have no depth at linebacker. How can we go into the season with Palmer and Buggs as back-ups? I hope they can play.

2. Give the defense credit. Time of possession was ridiculously in favor of the Pats. They did their best and they must have been exhausted at the end of the game. I like the way McGee plays.

3. Sorry, Bell was awful, both in terms of critical penalties and his play. I do not blame him, he is not ready and the coaches should not have put him in that kind of a situation. I understand that the team may not have had a choice but to trade Peters at the end, but managment should have picked up an adequate LT for this season.

4. TE played okay, but he still needs to take some shots downfield.

5. The intererior line play exceeded my very low expectations. Hangartner was active and made some nice blocks down field.

6. Special teams were not special. What happened? Moorman was off, no return yards and coverage was poor. I will not mention McKelvin.

7. Freddie looked great.

8. Most importantly, please do not put the Bills on MNF, Sunday Night Football or Thursday Night Football ever again. I can't take it any more.