(OT) "We're 11 years old"...

stevestojan

This would be an interesting topic for the guys on the PPP board to mull over.

She had her tubes tied for God's sake. So is she "irresponsible" for getting pregnant? And on the other hand - should she have terminated the pregnancy?

I love the debates that result from something like this...

This would be an interesting topic for the guys on the PPP board to mull over.

She had her tubes tied for God's sake. So is she "irresponsible" for getting pregnant? And on the other hand - should she have terminated the pregnancy?

I love the debates that result from something like this...

114357[/snapback]

PPP?

pompous pretentious pricks?

sure, toss it over to them

Why is that for any of us to say? Isn't this the parents' business and as long as the parents take good care of the kids, why should we care? The parents seem happy... and this is a miracle. My congrats to them.

Why is that for any of us to say?  Isn't this the parents' business and as long as the parents take good care of the kids, why should we care?  The parents seem happy... and this is a miracle.  My congrats to them.

114390[/snapback]

You answered you own question. "as long as the parents take good care of the kids"...

Well, when the kids are 14-15 and getting into trouble and doing things that 14 and 15 year olds do, the mom will be 74 years old...

Why is that for any of us to say?

LOL - I was being sarcastic. There has been an interesting, long running debate down on the PPP board where a few youngsters seem to think that an accidential pregnancy is irresponsible - this woman was not married when she conceived.

LOL - I was being sarcastic. There has been an interesting, long running debate down on the PPP board where a few youngsters seem to think that an accidential pregnancy is irresponsible - this woman was not married when she conceived.

good point... accidental pregancy? well, that happens in and out of wedlock... and actually happened to me (inside wedlock).

I think the irresponsiblity comes when two irresponsible people make a baby and have no clue as how to bring the child up or provide for it. The child suffers as a result... that's what get's my shorts in a knot.

LOL - I was being sarcastic.  There has been an interesting, long running debate down on the PPP board where a few youngsters seem to think that an accidential pregnancy is irresponsible - this woman was not married when she conceived.

114407[/snapback]

After looking at that woman, I would actually first call into question the common sense and judgement used by the guy who decided that having sex with her seemed like something worth doing.

Oh, well...a box of wine and some guys will do anyone. :)

After looking at that woman, I would actually first call into question the common sense and judgement used by the guy who decided that having sex with her seemed like something worth doing.

couldn't you say the same about your right hand? or are you left handed?

You answered you own question.  "as long as the parents take good care of the kids"...

Well, when the kids are 14-15 and getting into trouble and doing things that 14 and 15 year olds do, the mom will be 74 years old...

114404[/snapback]

I disagree with this to a point because there are many, many kids who grow up being raised by their grandparents. I had a few friends in school that were brought up by their grandparents (usually grandmother) because their real parents were not around for some reason or another. A lot of people cite their grandmother as being their biggest and best influence growing up.

Now obviously there are more health risks to a 70 year old but I would be more willing to judge her based on her parenting than her age.

I disagree with this to a point because there are many, many kids who grow up being raised by their grandparents. I had a few friends in school that were brought up by their grandparents (usually grandmother) because their real parents were not around for some reason or another. A lot of people cite their grandmother as being their biggest and best influence growing up.

Now obviously there are more health risks to a 70 year old but I would be more willing to judge her based on her parenting than her age.

114439[/snapback]

fair enough.