Jamal Lewis

NY Nole

Reports speculating he might get cut. If so, I think he would be a nice compliment to FJax and would come cheap as the Browns are still paying a hefty signing bonus for him. Could be a surprise move?

If JL can't make the Browns, who have one other legit RB on the roster (James Davis), that's really pathetic. I can't imagine the Bills are going to grab another RB with FJax and XO on the roster til Beast comes back. However, if Brian Leonard loses the Cincy back-up battle to DeDe Dorsey, he would be an excellent pass-catching/special teams pick-up. Dude has a serious motor and plays tough every down.

so James Davis would be the starter at RB for CLE if Lewis is cut?

Jerome Harrison and Noah Herron are vets, but neither starting material. The only other back on the roster is Chris Jennings. Davis has been impressive in camp, but we've all seen guys who are amazing preseason players who do nothing in the regular season.

Unless it's about money, I'd be surprised if they cut Lewis without picking up a vet immediately. They're roster seems to shallow to go with what they have.