How sorry is it for Jauron to admit...

Big Turk

I love it when Jauron talks about how important it is for them not to turn the ball over inside the opponents red zone so they can come out with points, which results in the team being so afraid to do anything remotely risky, they are happy to settle for 3 points. Remember, Lindell is a pretty good kicker, and they like keeping the games close so they can try to win them in the end...

"We have a really good kicker"

"try to win them in the end"

"a punt is never a bad thing"

I honestly think this team scores touchdowns in spite of its best efforts to get field goals. Jauron probably goes into the locker room anytime they actually score a TD and tells the team "Can you believe we actually got into the endzone today? Its really unbelievable. I was hoping we could just get a field goal out of it."

When is the last time this team threw a pass to the endzone on a third down inside the opponents 15 yard line? I am willing to bet the Bills have the least number of attempts in the NFL the past 2 years. They would rather run a draw so they can kick a field goal instead of taking a chance something bad could happen by throwing to the endzone. Instead of expecting something good to happen, this team and coaching staff expects the worst possible outcome.

Unfortunately for Jauron while he is "trying to win them in the end", other teams are actually playing to score touchdowns and win games in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters, rather than take a 50-50 chance any given week that you are able to squeak a win out at the end of a close game.

Jauron is a Yale graduate. He cannot possibly think that statistical probability is on his side to allow games to continuously come down to the final 5 minutes and try to win them there. Its pretty obvious to an outside observer based on his record that this does not work too well. If this philosophy showed some promise, it should have shown a lot more promise by now. Instead, what it shows is that it is basically a 50-50 proposition, which is demonstrated by Jauron's perma-record of 8-8 +/- 1 game in either direction. Doesn't take a statistical maven to realize you aren't going to the playoffs too often with an 8-8 record, but apparently Jauron thinks he will...

Well said.

He basically has the same philosophy on defense. "Don't give up any big plays." Meanwhile, we are getting 7 yarded to death.

True. ...with nine minute drives and we then try to hold them to a field goal. (keep it close) which doesn't happen.