Picking up Quincy Carter

stevestojan

When Parcells told Quincy to get the hell out, and the Jets picked him up, people were saying it was a mistake due to his ability to snort the 50yard line faster than he could run across it, but look at the Jets right now.

Pennington goes down, you are starting either Ricky Ray or Brooks Bollinger. To which I would have said: WHO?

Damn the Jets, but they grabbed Quincy when not too many wanted him, and now they might not fall apart like they would have.

When Parcells told Quincy to get the hell out, and the Jets picked him up, people were saying it was a mistake due to his ability to snort the 50yard line faster than he could run across it, but look at the Jets right now.

Pennington goes down, you are starting either Ricky Ray or Brooks Bollinger. To which I would have said: WHO?

Damn the Jets, but they grabbed Quincy when not too many wanted him, and now they might not fall apart like they would have.

113085[/snapback]

Hey!! Brooks Bollinger used to play in Madison and was the qb that got it to Lee Evans for most of his college career.

Ok, I admit, beside me, nobody knows Brooks. In fact, I can't beleive he made an NFL roster.

You have got to be kidding. Quincy's first play resulted in a safety. Yea, the second one was a scramble and a Quincy as usual hail marry. Baltimore is going to end Carters carrer this weekend. The third string qauterback will be in the game by the third quarter and Carter will be cut the next day.

You have got to be kidding. Quincy's first play resulted in a safety. Yea, the second one was a scramble and a Quincy as usual hail marry. Baltimore is going to end Carters carrer this weekend. The third string qauterback will be in the game by the third quarter and Carter will be cut the next day.

113657[/snapback]

I try not to blame QBs for safeties on running plays. Maybe that's just me.

I try not to blame QBs for safeties on running plays.  Maybe that's just me.

113708[/snapback]

Normally, I'd agree with you. But the replay showed Carter not handing the ball of cleanly. Martin spent too much time just trying to hold on to it.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But the replay showed Carter not handing the ball of cleanly. Martin spent too much time just trying to hold on to it.

113779[/snapback]

I don't think the millisecond he spent running forward trying to adjust the ball made a difference in the play, considering the offensive line got absolutely zero push at the point of attack.

I don't think the millisecond he spent running forward trying to adjust the ball made a difference in the play, considering the offensive line got absolutely zero push at the point of attack.

113824[/snapback]

Well, it was more like a full second. Also, it stopped Martin in his tracks, so he lost his momentum.

And yes, that was Quincy's fault.

113824[/snapback]

That play had bad written all over it from the beginning, starting with Moorman's kick. You could immediately see us push off the line and drive them back, and I'd go so far as to question whether he would have made it had the exchange been dead on accurate.

I will, however, agree with stevestojan in that Carter was a good pickup. I was never completely sold on the coke thing with him, in part because he pulled off 10 wins last year with a new everything. Did he do some? Probably. Is he a cokehead? Probably not. If he can fit into the Jet's offense quickly, he can keep them alive. It was a good pickup for them.

He'll get his ass stomped this weekend though because the last thing he needs right now is Ray Lewis and Company chasing him down. I'll be curious to see who shows up; Quincy Carter who won ten games last year, or Quincy Carter turned Ray Lucas.

Should be fun to watch.