Bill Cower

lvbillzfan

Here's my take:

Dan Snyder is making more than $5 mil and he is paying for...Jim Zorn?

Jerry Jones is probably making the most and is paying for.....Bum II??

Before Coughlin won a super bowl he wasn't thought of highly, Jets have an unproven Ryan. The list goes on and on and the trend is to hire younger, unproven coaches like Haley, McDaniels and Morris.

Point being, don't get caught up in the name game. Either the guy works out or he doesn't -- it's pretty much dumb luck. I think the most telling sign of how good a head coach is would be the talent he surrounds himself with (assistant coaches). All it takes is 1 good year and you would be singing Jauron's praises if he made the playoffs/and or Super Bowl. At the end of the day it comes down to the players making plays. Ours haven't done that in a while.

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum. I'll give my first take.

A lot of people are hoping for a lot of changes in the organization (me included). Let's not expect too much. I know we all want Ralph to be as passionate as we are, but he just isn't. He is a businessman. Let's say hypothetically each year when all is said and done, he makes about $5 Million profit. Why would he go out and hire Bill Cower or someone along those lines who make that much per year? Yeah, that would make us happy, but Ralph is not in business to make us happy. Our orgnization will not succeed while he calls the shots. It's unfortunate but true.

We all know a passionate owner and a "football" G.M. is what wins in this league. All teams have talent. Some know how to use it properly (N.E, Miami, Phili, ...) and some don't (Buff, Cinci, Det...). The players are not the problem. We've been changing players year in and year out for 10 years and none of them work out. Do we see a pattern here?

Welcome to the board.

I really think the reason a guy like Cowher won't get the Bills' gig is because:

Cowher has no interest in coming to Buffalo. He will get offers from more attractive teams/markets.

Now, let's say he would even speak to Buffalo about the job (a big assumption, IMO). He would likely want far more to coach the Bills than he would to coach many other teams. I don't think Ralph likes having to pay MORE for a HC (or a player) than Dallas, Washington, NY, etc. I'm sure Ralph probably thinks that's a sucker play.

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum. I'll give my first take.

A lot of people are hoping for a lot of changes in the organization (me included). Let's not expect too much. I know we all want Ralph to be as passionate as we are, but he just isn't. He is a businessman. Let's say hypothetically each year when all is said and done, he makes about $5 Million profit. Why would he go out and hire Bill Cower or someone along those lines who make that much per year? Yeah, that would make us happy, but Ralph is not in business to make us happy. Our orgnization will not succeed while he calls the shots. It's unfortunate but true.

We all know a passionate owner and a "football" G.M. is what wins in this league. All teams have talent. Some know how to use it properly (N.E, Miami, Phili, ...) and some don't (Buff, Cinci, Det...). The players are not the problem. We've been changing players year in and year out for 10 years and none of them work out. Do we see a pattern here?

If it was about the money to him he would leave western NY like the rest of us have