Trent Edwards Yards Per Completion Stats

TO had 2 catches for 27 yards (13.5 avg.) in the Titans game. That's what I based my stats on.

Right....statistically irrelevant. The sample size is too small to be a good indicator. Don't get me wrong. TO WILL help this team but unless he played 3 or 4 games for significant time, 2 catches in the hall of fame game isn't really telling me much.

Trent's numbers would be a lot better if those recievers would stop getting tackled so soon and actually run with the ball 10 yards or so before getting tackled. That'd fix the problem right there.

TO's yards per completion in pre season was 13.5. So there. Just wait til TO gets back.

I seem to remeber the announcer (tasker i think) saying that trent was only comfortable throwing hitch routes and any other that involves them stopping and turning towards him and that he would like to see trent throw the ball to receivers on the run. I agree and yes its only preseason but isnt that the time to take your shots downfield cause missing isnt that important but practicing them at game speed is. Im on the not sure about trent bandwagon. Great at comp percentage and giving players a chance to make plays but not so good at making plays himself.

I seem to remeber the announcer (tasker i think) saying that trent was only comfortable throwing hitch routes and any other that involves them stopping and turning towards him and that he would like to see trent throw the ball to receivers on the run. I agree and yes its only preseason but isnt that the time to take your shots downfield cause missing isnt that important but practicing them at game speed is. Im on the not sure about trent bandwagon. Great at comp percentage and giving players a chance to make plays but not so good at making plays himself.

Wow. Good catch s122!!! At first read I thought reddogblitz was being sarcastic. Until I read your response, I just assumed it was a joke thinking "how could he possibly be serious?"

So you're comparing Trent to other NFL *teams*? I mean at least break it down by starting qb's so that its (preseason) apples to apples...

Using NFL.com and excel I did run the stats. In 2008, (preseason is meaningless argument out the window), Trent was 23rd in the league at exactly 11 yds per reception. Of the worst 10 on that list Trent was the only starting QB to not have at least 3000yds!

I don't know if this is on Trent or the play calling but I would contend that our WRs actually don't have many chances to make plays. Trent waits until a WR is wide open to throw them the ball. With the low velocity on his passes the defenders have plenty of time to adjust and tackle the WR as the ball gets there if not make a play on the ball and deflect it for an interception.