Is it time to play "shuffle the O-line" yet?

Billistic

The Steelers super 3-4 front seven is on the radar screen.

The current lineup: Langston Walker (LT) - Andy Levitre (LG) - Geoff Hangartner © - Eric wood (RG) - Brad Butler (RT)

-looks somewhat better on paper than in front of NFL defensive players. If you were the Bills ace line coach, Sean Kugler, what would you do?

Don't forget the reserve players:

-D. Bell

-C. Denman

-S. McKinney

-M. Philip

-K. Chambers

-B. Rodd

-J. Scott

-N. Hennessee

Also, the trading deadline isn't until October 20.

I have thought since the draft that Wood should have been worked into the center role with Hangartner moved out to RT (he played Tackle in college and before anyone gives me grief it is the same logic that they are using for Butler).

That would leave Butler in the same position he played last year (guard), and would put who I feel is our best physical linemen - Wood (although a rookie) at the Center role where he would face off against those 3-4 nose tackes. It is a lot to ask of a rookie, but Wood has the right mentaility for the challenge.

If they had decided to blow up the line like they did, why get timid about starting Wood in his natural position.

We will see soon enough if the current allignment was the right call.

What about keeping the starters in, but rotating them to new positions on each play (counterclockwise in the first half, clockwise in the second half). Think of the consternation this would wreak on the opponent's defensive front 7. Also, occasionally, one of the players would be playing in their natural position.

What about keeping the starters in, but rotating them to new positions on each play (counterclockwise in the first half, clockwise in the second half). Think of the consternation this would wreak on the opponent's defensive front 7. Also, occasionally, one of the players would be playing in their natural position.

:worthy: Please, don't give them any ideas. Jauron may see your post and think it might work.