Edwards averaged 1 TD pass per VICTORY in 2008

Billistic

Edwards was sloppy but effective enough to win against the pathetic Seahawks (1 TD pass, to Royal, the other was by Moorman to Denney), Jags (1 TD, to Hardly), Raiders (1 TD, to Parrish), Rams (1 TD, to Evans), Chargers (1 TD, to Evans), the Thundering Chiefs (2 TDs, to Reed and Schouman), and Broncos (zero TD). I guess you could say that he spread the ball around. Also, those are some horrific opponents.

Are the presence of Terrell Owens and the shiny, new look no-huddle offense really going to turn Edwards from a Ford Pinto to a Acura TL?

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The season is riding on Edwards. He's going to have to take to the new offense like a duck to water and make it work even if Belichick writes a recipe on opening day on how to defeat it. He's going to have to manage behind a highly suspect OL. He'll have to cope with Marshawn "Do Bongs" Lynch being out the month of September, which will delay his integration with the brand spanking new line. He'll have to manage the no huddle to keep the undersized Bills defense from being worn down to a nub over the season. He'll have to overcome dubious coaching decisions and the TO sideshow circus. Basically, we're depending on him to go from a young injury-prone QB that has shown next to nothing in the red zone to take a ginormous step up and become the unquestioned leader of this franchise and will his team to victories.

Edwards was sloppy but effective enough to win against the pathetic Seahawks (1 TD pass, to Royal, the other was by Moorman to Denney), Jags (1 TD, to Hardly), Raiders (1 TD, to Parrish), Rams (1 TD, to Evans), Chargers (1 TD, to Evans), the Thundering Chiefs (2 TDs, to Reed and Schouman), and Broncos (zero TD). I guess you could say that he spread the ball around. Also, those are some horrific opponents.

Are the presence of Terrell Owens and the shiny, new look no-huddle offense really going to turn Edwards from a Ford Pinto to a Acura TL?

Who was opposite of Evans last year that the opposing defense had to worry about? No one. And really an Acura TL?

I look forward to a much better year from Edwards. Especially once Lynch gets back from suspension. Let's face it, the Bills have weapons Edwards needs time. Everything relies on his protection.

Who was opposite of Evans last year that the opposing defense had to worry about? No one. And really an Acura TL?

Perhaps that's why I said

...and YES, the TL Tech is a super fine ride. What are you driving?

Thankfully, this isn't fantasy football. It does not matter how many TDs he scores. What matters is how many TDs the offense scores.

So true: The top team for rushing TDs was the Panthers with 30. The worst were the Browns and Bengals with 6. The Bills were right in the middle with 16.

I guess that's some kind of comfort...

Sloppy in the San Diego game? Try flawless.

Sloppy in the San Diego game? Try flawless.

HOF on first ballot, right there.

Never mind the puke-ish outings versus the 49ers, Dolphins and Patriots during the total season collapse.

Selective Memory Syndrome strikes again.

HOF on first ballot, right there.

Never mind the puke-ish outings versus the 49ers, Dolphins and Patriots during the total season collapse.

Selective Memory Syndrome strikes again.

Where do you get the selective memory crap? He was merely responding to your idiotic statement that Edwards was sloppy vs The Chargers.

Where do you get the selective memory crap? He was merely responding to your idiotic statement that Edwards was sloppy vs The Chargers.

Parrrrdon me, 261 yards passing and 1 TD pass (2 yards to Evans). Screaming!

Mea culpa.

wow get ready to duck and hide :lol: - you dared criticize Trent Christ :thumbsup:

Parrrrdon me, 261 yards passing and 1 TD pass (2 yards to Evans). Screaming!

Mea culpa.

Did you actually watch the game or that TD pass to Evans? That was an outstanding throw (and a great catch) in a day filled with them. Edwards put it where only Evans could get it. Who cares if it was a 2-yard TD? They all count. You don't go 25 of 30 for 261 yards by accident; it was Edwards' best game as a pro.

Which has nothing to do with how Edwards played. It was a total team effort that day, which is why they won.

I watched every play, and enjoyed the game immensely.

It was, however, NOT an showcase for the Bills passing game. Edwards managed the game adequately, the defense was very good, and the Chargers turned the ball over.

The thread was about the shortcomings of the Bills passing game, especially lack of TDs.

Are you arguing that Edwards was like Dan Fouts in 2008?

Dan Fouts and Air Coryell

I watched every play, and enjoyed the game immensely.

It was, however, NOT an showcase for the Bills passing game. Edwards managed the game adequately, the defense was very good, and the Chargers turned the ball over.

The thread was about the shortcomings of the Bills passing game, especially lack of TDs.

Are you arguing that Edwards was like Dan Fouts in 2008?

Dan Fouts and Air Coryell

I'm arguing nothing other than you're completely wrong about the San Diego game. Keep putting words in other people's mouths (or on their keyboards?) to suit your agenda, though.