Hmmm - For-Profit Costs More?

blzrul

Met a guy on a flight this week, coming in from Sweden. Aside from being blown away, once again, by foreigners' knowledge of politics in America (who runs Sweden? I have no idea), he told me something that made me laugh. Apparently in the past utilities (I didn't ask which utilities) were government-run, but more recently were privatized so there could be "competition". He said Swedes are very concerned because, although they now have a choice of companies, no matter which one they select, their monthly bills just keep increasing but their service is the same or a little worse.

I'm sure this will cause wingnuts to crawl out of the woodwork and make disparaging comments about Swedes, but I found it interesting.

What would really be interesting would be to figure out why my form window is "jumping" since the changes to the site...but that's another thread for the mods to review......

Met a guy on a flight this week, coming in from Sweden. Aside from being blown away, once again, by foreigners' knowledge of politics in America (who runs Sweden? I have no idea), he told me something that made me laugh. Apparently in the past utilities (I didn't ask which utilities) were government-run, but more recently were privatized so there could be "competition". He said Swedes are very concerned because, although they now have a choice of companies, no matter which one they select, their monthly bills just keep increasing but their service is the same or a little worse.

I'm sure this will cause wingnuts to crawl out of the woodwork and make disparaging comments about Swedes, but I found it interesting.

What would really be interesting would be to figure out why my form window is "jumping" since the changes to the site...but that's another thread for the mods to review......

Gee, who woulda thunk that when you remove subsidization, prices will go up? Increased energy prices and inflation surely have no affect on prices either.