At First........

LIBills

At first, I did not understand why everyone hates Schopp, but after I started listening to him and Bulldog on a regular basis, this Schopp character is a total (your add your own word or phrase).

I am sure that there has to be a better alternative to Schopp in WNY.

I do not live in WNY and I wanna get my fix on hearing about the Bills, but Schopp brings nothing. Bulldog by himself seems ok.

Down here, Buffalo might as well be in Bumblefuk as far as WFAN and the surrounding NYC metro area is concerned, so I need to listen to WGR on occasion with very mixed results.

It's funny, FAN talks about nothing but baseball, a sport I do not like, and the hosts are pretty much assclowns, except for Benigno, who is cool (whenever the Jets lose, his rants are priceless), but it is 1,000 times better than WGR and that is sad. WGR could do so much better.

I'm an out-of-towner also and tune in to listen to these clowns while I'm at work. Two things are very apparent: 1) These guys aren't even fans! and 2) Why the hell doesn't Buffalo have an FM Sports Radio station!?!? It is what it is, bush league.

At first, I did not understand why everyone hates Schopp, but after I started listening to him and Bulldog on a regular basis, this Schopp character is a total (your add your own word or phrase).

I am sure that there has to be a better alternative to Schopp in WNY.

I do not live in WNY and I wanna get my fix on hearing about the Bills, but Schopp brings nothing. Bulldog by himself seems ok.

Down here, Buffalo might as well be in Bumblefuk as far as WFAN and the surrounding NYC metro area is concerned, so I need to listen to WGR on occasion with very mixed results.

It's funny, FAN talks about nothing but baseball, a sport I do not like, and the hosts are pretty much assclowns, except for Benigno, who is cool (whenever the Jets lose, his rants are priceless), but it is 1,000 times better than WGR and that is sad. WGR could do so much better.

I can't speak for the Buffalo area but I do listen to the FAN once in a while. The FAN has good late night guys (Like Benigno) but Boomer and Carton in the morning are OK (Better than Mike and Mike on ESPN by far) the guys on in between Boomer and Carton and Francesa are pretty bland they aren't terrible but they just give you the usual take on things nothing insightful.

As for Francesa I can't stand the guy 1- he repeats his points way too much. 2- He doesn't like hockey nor even care enough to analyze it 3- He is just old and angry sometimes I remember I was listening to him and he kept ranting how a Yankee at Oakland game was on too late and how they should start at 9 or 8 on the east coast but he doesn't realize that on the West coast it's 7pm when its 10pm on the east coast A's fans have a right to see a game too.

As far as my local ESPN station they carry the God awful Mike and Mike program and the even worse Herd show. They use to be improving when they had Max Kellerman leading into Michael Kay but they forced Kellerman out due to the fact that he spoke out against ESPN at times (His ratings were really good yet they fired most of his staff and wanted to cut an hour from his show to put on the Herd a show that had failed miserably in NYC years prior dumb corporate decision).

A sports personality I really like is Don Lagreca he is Michael Kay's co-host (And while I think Kay is OK without Lagreca his show would be pretty average) he is a Jersey guy who likes hockey, football, and baseball and is a real fan and makes no bones about it yet he still gives you fairly intelligent and mostly objective opinions (It also helps he is a hardcore NJ devils fan). Another good personality on the station is Seth Everett who follows Kay.

I hope NYC (The FAN and ESPN) isn't the best in sports radio because than sports radio is pretty bad. Because one is a corporate station that has two good personalities and forced out the only other interesting and original host for a national show that failed in the market previously. The FAN's a station whose over night guys are the best while their marquee host is an angry old man and the rest of the day time hosts are fairly average.