no-huddle tempo

Lothar

...and do you know why no NFL team has run the no huddle that fast in a while? Because the Bills lost 4 consecutive SB's running the no huddle that fast. End of debate. It kills it's own defenders. The Bills used to go 3 and out faster then the defense could suck in two breaths of oxygen on the sidelines. And that was a team loaded with veteran talent on both sides of the ball.

This new "no huddle" system needs to be a nice slower version - run somewhere in between those K-Gunners of the early 90's and today's Peyton Mannings' "slowwwno huddle he runs from the line of scrimmage. Todays' Bills defense will need all the help and ball control in can get if DJ really has fantasies about sneaking into the playoffs.

Because Peyton Manning is the only QB since Jim Kelly who has been able to run it at all effectively.

It is hard to make the argument that it kills its own defender, as then the Bills would not have made the SB behind a stellar defense. No matter what it does to your defenders, it hurts the other team's defenders much worse, because not only are they more exhausted, they don't have time to set up their defense. It would be pretty absurd to question the effectiveness of a competent no-huddle offense, as the only team in HISTORY to ever go to four consecutive SBs ran it all the while.

That post deserves to be ridiculed.

It *has* been a while, but unlike yourself I'm guessing, I was actually alive when the Bills played their SBs, and I remember that it was turnovers that doomed the Bills in their last three SBs, not the no huddle. In the first SB, the Giants were all but defeated by the same offense, except for the FG that never should have missed.