Why all the hating?

Fisher is a great coach. But he has had better players than Jauron virtually every year. And when he didn't, his teams didn't win. Jauron has made some bad decisions, but if you think that his record hasn't been affected by the fact that he hasn't had much talent on the field through most of his career, you're letting your emotions blind you.

This year, we finally get a mix of offensive skill players that actually look dangerous ... and we tear up and re-plant a new o-line. This is not good.

The problem with the "Jauron has never had any talent" wall-to-wall carpet excuse making gesture is that it attempts to cover an entire career of coaching multiple teams with a long list of players without identifying a single one of them or in any way defining terms. "He never had any talent to work with" universally dismisses every player that's played under him as garbage. The implication is that guys like Brian Urlacher, who is a possible Hall-of-Fame player, have no talent. I posted in the past a list of roughly 30 players that played for Dick Jauron in Chicago and also played for Lovie Smith in the Super Bowl in rebuttal to this vague argument. Either way, that says something. Either the Bears roster was chuck full of total crap players but Lovie Smith was able to lead much of that same group to the Super Bowl or Dick Jauron actually did not (as his apologists would like to have it) have a team that "had no talent whatsoever."

And, if we're just going to wave our arms around and make vague generalizations, then we can definitely say that Coach Fisher has not always been given the pick of the litter in terms of talent throughout his career. Early in his career his team had no good WRs. He's had a broken McNair (RIP), Volek, Young and the well-traveled Collins as starting QBs. He's had and lost great players like Freak and Haynesworth. He's lost coaches to other teams. He's had to retool the entire team over time, in fact. Yet, overall, they just keep winning.

That's not emotional reaction dude. I've given you plenty of facts that can be readily checked.

Finally, as to your last paragraph, I have to agree. It isn't good.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, you know I'm not the most positive of Bills fans, but I have to wonder about all the hating on the Bills after that game. They moved the ball reasonably well. Could they have performed better in the red zone? Absetively. But I get the feeling that will come with time. Couldn't be more excited about T.O.! How nice is it to see a big target crossing over the middle and actually making the catch? One area of concern was the Defense, though. They looked just like they did at the end of last year, that is to say out of position. Still, it's VERY early to be casting judgement on the team. I think if the no-huddle is given the chance to work, it could prove to be very beneficial to the team and if T.O. can contribute just the same numbers hae had in Dallas, we'll see an improved Bills team this year. GO BILLS!

Define "hating".

What you see on this board is the interminably long, simmering frustration with the management and coaching of the team coming at last to a full boil. Hopes unrealized for too long.

Buffalonians have a well deserved Buffalo chip on their shoulders. They have been held up to undeserved ridicule nearly forever by arrogant tools from sea to shining sea. The Bills have come to symbolize all that's becoming intolerable. I doubt it's all about football.

The situation reminds me of the classic scene from the movie Network:

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

What's not to understand? The writing is pretty much right there on the 2009 wall.