Bills O Had Manhood Challenged and Responded

K-9

In what may have been their most important drive in years, the Bills made a statement with their second half opening drive for the TD. By electing to kick off and defend against the wind so he'd have it in the 4th quarter, Herm Edwards was telling our offense (and their defense) that our offense sucks (and with good reason). It was put up or shut up time for the O and they responded in a big way. By driving 77 yards and eating up nearly half the 3rd quarter in the process the Bills tired the Jets and served notice.

I have a feeling that this was one of those growing up drives that will go a long way towards making us a better team. I look for us to have success on the ground against NE as well. It's beginning to come together people. Keep the faith.

GO BILLS!!!

In what may have been their most important drive in years, the Bills made a statement with their second half opening drive for the TD. By electing to kick off and defend against the wind so he'd have it in the 4th quarter, Herm Edwards was telling our offense (and their defense) that our offense sucks (and with good reason). It was put up or shut up time for the O and they responded in a big way. By driving 77 yards and eating up nearly half the 3rd quarter in the process the Bills tired the Jets and served notice.

I have a feeling that this was one of those growing up drives that will go a long way towards making us a better team. I look for us to have success on the ground against NE as well. It's beginning to come together people. Keep the faith.

GO BILLS!!!

109729[/snapback]

An outstanding point. It seems like forever since we've had an opening half drive result in seven points, and I have no problem agreeing that what we saw was a "growing up" drive.

GO BILLS!!!

109729[/snapback]

Win 4 of the next 5 and then you can say they have responded. I wonder....what will you say if NE flat out beats the stevestojan out of us? Are we back to 'non manhoodness'?

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday
Win 4 of the next 5 and then you can say they have responded. I wonder....what will you say if NE flat out beats the stevestojan out of us? Are we back to 'non manhoodness'?

109786[/snapback]

I have to agree - it's one thing to enjoy the week after a win, but to start talking about "manhood" when this team hasn't won on the road in almost a year is a bit over the top. The way this offense has performed on the road this season (and last) demonstrates anything but "manhood."

Nobody is saying the Bills are the second coming. Nobody is saying that they've arrived and the they proved everything they have to prove. Far from it.

What I AM saying is that for ONE drive when they WERE challenged they RESPONDED like good teams do. They made Edwards regret his decision. That is simply something to build on. Lets see if they do it. That's all.

When a team has been down for as long as the Bills have. When a team's offense has been as bad for as long as the Bills' O has. When opposing teams show you no respect because you haven't earned it, you look for little things. That ONE drive during that ONE game was just one of those things you need to see. A demonstrable measure of improvement.

They can either build on it or regress. Winning 3 out of the last 4 would seem to indicate they are doing more progressing than regressing. They have a long way to go.

GO BILLS!!!

I have always felt that the first drive of the 3rd qtr is very important. It shows if your halftime adjustments or lack of them was the right choice. We have been getting stomped on the first drive in the third qtr for some time now. I think the way we have played in the second halves of recent games can be attributed to better coaching.

Not only our offense has played better but look at what our D has done in the second half of the last 2 weeks. We gave up a total of like 18 yards to the Ravens with negative passing yards and up until McGee's slip and Moss's 51 yd TD we held the Jets to a total of 16 yards. That is incredible.