Edwards the Worst Starting QB In Madden

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Graham article.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-78/...n--Madden-.html

Rated worse than Sanchez. bull sh-- imo.

Oh, and they also screwed up our O-Line, and have Brad Butler playing RG.

Well the ratings probably take into account the Bill's OL musical chairs...and not so much TE's ability....after all, TE has to have some time to get the ball away...and it would be nice to not see him blind-sided (read: another concussion?) because an overweight RT is now playing LT...

The Edwards rating doesn't seem too far off. Once we drop the homer glasses, I think it's rather obvious that trent was a very average QB last year (above average during the 5-1 stretch and below average for the rest of the year). Is there a potential rating that governs how rapidly a player progresses? Trent's potential should be up, but I don't think he necessarily warrants a high current rating.

The Stafford rating definitely seems too high, but Madden has a penchant for overrating rookies.

T.Jones a 90 is two to three points higher than he should be running behind Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, and Damion Woody inflated his totals last season (Plus the fact that the Jets ran a lot when Favre got hurt). While Rodegers Cromartie being an 87 is mostly based off his playoff performance he should be like a 83 or 84 while L. McKelvin a 78 I don't really have a problem with.

Cassell an 83 is a point or two too high but not that terrible. Remember he did throw for 4000 yards even on a good team like the Pats* you still need to have some skill to do that and he was asked at some point to win games down the stretch so its not like his 11-5 record was completely a product of playing not to loose (It makes it more impressive if you were a rookie with no college experience)

Agree on all points. Jones is solid but doesn't belong in the "90's difference-maker" category. I'd be curious what he was rated last year when he was coming off a flukey low TD total behind a worse OL.