This team has a different "Attitude / confidence" than recen

Not just TO (he always is like that), just watch the defense run their drills - they act more like a Unit, they seem to be much more comfortable out there. Maybe because POZ, Mitchell, etc.. are now comfortable and are ready to step up to the prime time stage the Bills will be on early in the year.

The Bills have never had the star power of TO, the media & fans love this guy and follow his every move. If this team can produce early - it will get a lot of national attention - FAST. I think they all know it.

Not just TO (he always is like that), just watch the defense run their drills - they act more like a Unit, they seem to be much more comfortable out there. Maybe because POZ, Mitchell, etc.. are now comfortable and are ready to step up to the prime time stage the Bills will be on early in the year.

The Bills have never had the star power of TO, the media & fans love this guy and follow his every move. If this team can produce early - it will get a lot of national attention - FAST. I think they all know it.

What exactly has given you the impression of a different attitude thus far into training camp?

they are not even a full day into camp yet and you think you can notice a different attitude by the way they are running their drills...are you freakin kidding me

they are not even a full day into camp yet and you think you can notice a different attitude by the way they are running their drills...are you freakin kidding me

Is there no more optimism at all around here anymore? I mean seriously come on, the guy is only trying to say that he likes the way the defense is looking on the field now and you are getting upset about it? There is no reason to react like that to someone who is giving their opinion on our defense.

Same thing we hear from every NFL team early in camp. We're excited about the season...We're going to be more aggressive on both sides of the ball...We excited about our draft and free agent additions... Hot air. This team is going to be 7-9, 8-8, or at best 9-7 and NO playoffs. If it weren't for our O-line which is a mess, I'd actually may have bought some of the hype. Counting on 2 rookies who haven't even taken a preaseason snap is idiotic. Trading your best lineman in Peters and cut Dockery without knowing what you have, put this team out of the playoffs.

Is there no more optimism at all around here anymore? I mean seriously come on, the guy is only trying to say that he likes the way the defense is looking on the field now and you are getting upset about it? There is no reason to react like that to someone who is giving their opinion on our defense.

Agreed. What the crap? You have to have better things to do than ripping on a harmless opinion post.

Same thing we hear from every NFL team early in camp. We're excited about the season...We're going to be more aggressive on both sides of the ball...We excited about our draft and free agent additions... Hot air. This team is going to be 7-9, 8-8, or at best 9-7 and NO playoffs. If it weren't for our O-line which is a mess, I'd actually may have bought some of the hype. Counting on 2 rookies who haven't even taken a preaseason snap is idiotic. Trading your best lineman in Peters and cut Dockery without knowing what you have, put this team out of the playoffs.

+1

Having Peters here would have made us no better. He obviously did not want to be here so what was the point in keeping him? Dockery was not worth nearly what he was going to be paid and was a smart move as well. The line will be no worse than it was last year and has potential to be much better than it was last year. I share the optimism, whether it be "hot air" or not. Before bashing the entire team, let them line up against someone without a Buffalo on the side of the helmet.

Having Peters here would have made us no better. He obviously did not want to be here so what was the point in keeping him? Dockery was not worth nearly what he was going to be paid and was a smart move as well. The line will be no worse than it was last year and has potential to be much better than it was last year. I share the optimism, whether it be "hot air" or not. Before bashing the entire team, let them line up against someone without a Buffalo on the side of the helmet.

SIGN LEVI JONESSSS!!!11!1!111!

19 and 0 baby!!! :wallbash:

GO BILLSSS!!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!!! :wallbash:

They will be full of confidence up until the start of the 2nd Q of the first game when they are down 14-0 and realise it wont be as easy as they thought it would be. Then they will turn to the hopefully still alive (but will anyone be able to tell?) Limp Dick for some encouragement and he will just pat them on the ass and say "good effort, they are just a good team dont worry about it, everyone loses once in a while...." Which is what we will hear all the way to a 3-13 season, or until he is fired. Which occurance is more likely? who knows at this point.

While I love my Bills more than the next guy I have to be honest with myself. What has Dick done to prove he can create a winning team? Will Trent progress with more of the same coaching/playcalling/advice?... while adding the never-good-for-a-QB-TO? Will a few years past his prine and constantly injured Schobel and a one-year-wonder college DE who has never played a down of football over 225lbs be that answer to the worst pass rush in franchise history? Will more DBs finally mean more wins? Maybe our easy schedule this year will get us over the hump, or maybe that talented new OLB will really help our front 7.........

Come on guys lets be realistic. This team is not built to win in 09. This team is being built--yet agian--for the future. Maybin will need a season or two to develope into a 3 down player, and so will the OL which is still an LT away from being playoff caliber. Nelson has the talent to be the answer at TE but doubtful that he is this season. Our DL still needs another young playmaker inside and the threesome of Scho,Kelsay,Denney needs to be overhauled. We need a playmaking LB who I think we have in Harris, but yet again, dont expect much this season. I think the Bills know this however and brought in TO as a stop gap to prevent the fans from going crazy. Best case scenario Dick is fired midway through the season giving the Bills a head start at finding a SB caliber coach--maybe even giving Bobby April an 8 week tryout as HC, ala Singletary. I figure with all that we end up drafting around the top 5 which will give us a great shot at the best LT/DE going into 2010 which is when out DL has the talent, OL has the experience, our young team has matured, and the Bills are now being lead by a MAN, not a limp Dick.

They had national media attention last year with that false 5-1 start.

They don't have to start fast, 2-2 in Sept without Lynch would be fine.

But the last half of the season is where they really need to know who they are and play like they belong in the playoffs instead of hoping they get there.

That is what worries me, do they have IT.

We shall see

And keeping those two was a good thing? Peters played horrible last year, and wanted nothing to do with the Bills. Dockery was fat, lazy and just a wuss. Anyone we put in there will be better. We didn't win with those guys, and were never going to. Deal with it, get over it, and be happy that training camp has started.

It is just pathetic how much negativity there is on this board towards the team. Shame on you and everyone else. If you don't like the team, than root for someone else. Say something, anything intelligent about the team or football in general. But just stop being so negative. Go root for the Lions for god sakes.

Yeah, bcause they went deep into the playoffs last year with Peters & Dockery. :unsure:

did i knock his optimism or the fact that he said he noticed something watching the defensive drills on the first freakin day of camp? how about you try and read the posts and understand what is being said before trying to be the cool guy

there isnt anything wrong with optimism but to say you notice a difference in the defense during drills halfway through the first day of camp is ridiculous

did i knock his optimism or the fact that he said he noticed something watching the defensive drills on the first freakin day of camp? how about you try and read the posts and understand what is being said before trying to be the cool guy

there isnt anything wrong with optimism but to say you notice a difference in the defense during drills halfway through the first day of camp is ridiculous

True I should just be like you and shoot a guy down for stating his opinion. Thanks for the tip!

Having Peters here would have made us no better.

Of COURSE not...Jason Peters has only 1 year of NFL experience...last season...that is ALL that matters, he was never any good anyway...in fact, we got too much from the Eagles...maybe a 5th rounder would have sufficed...Peters is in his 2nd year now in some Buffalo Bills fans hating world...will be interesting to see if Peters can even start for the Eagles.

Last year at this time there was a lot of optimism about the "changed attitude" also. Especially after Dontes playoff prediction.

Lets see if the attitude is still good around week 10 or so of the season. I hope so, because then it actually means something.

They will be full of confidence up until the start of the 2nd Q of the first game when they are down 14-0 and realise it wont be as easy as they thought it would be. Then they will turn to the hopefully still alive (but will anyone be able to tell?) Limp Dick for some encouragement and he will just pat them on the ass and say "good effort, they are just a good team dont worry about it, everyone loses once in a while...." Which is what we will hear all the way to a 3-13 season, or until he is fired. Which occurance is more likely? who knows at this point.

While I love my Bills more than the next guy I have to be honest with myself. What has Dick done to prove he can create a winning team? Will Trent progress with more of the same coaching/playcalling/advice?... while adding the never-good-for-a-QB-TO? Will a few years past his prine and constantly injured Schobel and a one-year-wonder college DE who has never played a down of football over 225lbs be that answer to the worst pass rush in franchise history? Will more DBs finally mean more wins? Maybe our easy schedule this year will get us over the hump, or maybe that talented new OLB will really help our front 7.........

Come on guys lets be realistic. This team is not built to win in 09. This team is being built--yet agian--for the future. Maybin will need a season or two to develope into a 3 down player, and so will the OL which is still an LT away from being playoff caliber. Nelson has the talent to be the answer at TE but doubtful that he is this season. Our DL still needs another young playmaker inside and the threesome of Scho,Kelsay,Denney needs to be overhauled. We need a playmaking LB who I think we have in Harris, but yet again, dont expect much this season. I think the Bills know this however and brought in TO as a stop gap to prevent the fans from going crazy. Best case scenario Dick is fired midway through the season giving the Bills a head start at finding a SB caliber coach--maybe even giving Bobby April an 8 week tryout as HC, ala Singletary. I figure with all that we end up drafting around the top 5 which will give us a great shot at the best LT/DE going into 2010 which is when out DL has the talent, OL has the experience, our young team has matured, and the Bills are now being lead by a MAN, not a limp Dick.